ESPN profits down 20% in 2023

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm sure that the answer to this will be further cuts to the people that actually make the programming work while paying higher salaries to the on-air personalities that drive viewers away or are on programs that fans would watch regardless.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Disney is getting killed with cord-cutters. But killed is relative as they are still reporting BILLIONS in profit.

Disney demanded that providers bundle ALL of their properties for a monthly fee of close to $10 a month so all channels would be on basic. They also included local TV stations owned by Disney or Hearst ( that owns 20% of ESPN )

I would love to cut the cord as my Xfinity bill is absurd but in Cambridge, MA I only have ONE highspeed internet option - Xfinity.

Plus I have Xfinity Mobile which is basically free because I have internet service.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Disney is getting killed with cord-cutters. But killed is relative as they are still reporting BILLIONS in profit.

Disney demanded that providers bundle ALL of their properties for a monthly fee of close to $10 a month so all channels would be on basic. They also included local TV stations owned by Disney or Hearst ( that owns 20% of ESPN )

I would love to cut the cord as my Xfinity bill is absurd but in Cambridge, MA I only have ONE highspeed internet option - Xfinity.

Plus I have Xfinity Mobile which is basically free because I have internet service.

I hear ya.

I’m in the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I cut the cord in July, going with just Comcast for internet and the “free” streaming services my wife and I had from other sources - Disney bundle thru Verizon and Paramount+ thru Walmart.

I was watching things like a hawk the rest of the summer for what happened with SportsNet Pittsburgh and where to find it (and the Big Ten Network).

I zeroed in on Fubo and Max, to get all the sports/teams I watch: Pens and Penn State. All said and done, we ended up back with Comcast, all for a difference of $2/month from streaming.

Reactions: Reaser

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3