ESPN picks Bruins Mount Puckmore

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Cam's best year was with Oates.

Oates best year was without Cam.
Ok, you've convinced me. Where do I sign up for the Adam Oates fan club? Personally, I think Cams best years were before Oates. Back then he was a true power forward. When they got Oates he suddenly became Dave Andreychuk.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
If I did an all time team...

FORWARD

Bucyk - Esposito - Middleton
Probably the best offensive talents the Bruins have had in their respective positions

Cashman- Cowley- Neely
Cashman and Neely provide muscle to protect Cowley

Dumart - Schmidt - Bauer
One of the best two way lines the Bruins have ever had

Marchand - Bergeron - Hodge
I thought about taking a defensive forward like Westfall for this pick, but Marchand and Bergeron are already elite defensively. A few more years maybe it will be Pastrnak on that side.

O'Reilly
Not a big fan of this guy, but as the 13th forward, perhaps he deserves a place.

DEFENCE

Orr - Shore
Any questions? Also Shore is a RHD

Bourque -Clapper
Clapper is underrated as a defenseman

Chara - Flaman
Both tough guys for the bottom pairing

Park
I take Chara over park due to Chara's achievements in a Bruins uniform. Park is clearly the superior player to Chara by a mile, but if you look at them in a Bruins uniform, I think that gap narrows.

GOALIE

Brimsek
Best Goalie ever for the Bruins

Thompson
Second best goalie of all time

Thomas
I take Thomas over Cheevers.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Exalting only four is to discredit the rest, it's an insult to so many great players that have worn the Bruins uniform. The likes of Marcotte, Westfall, Sanderson, Dallas Smith, Stanfield, Park, Bobby Carpenter, Charlie Simmer, Ken Hodge, Dave Reid, Mike Krushelnyski, Bronco Horvath. To exalt a player from 1975 by comparing another player from 1935 is foolish.
Some won cups here, some won them with other organizations, some never won a cup.
I don't know, it just seems a bit disrespectful to pick only four, and I'm sure that no matter the four, none of them would feel right if their teammates didn't share the mantle with them. None of us have ever seen the likes of Eddie Shore but to his generation of fans he WAS Bobby Orr. For a fan of today to compare a modern day player to the ghost of another player is ludicrous. Statistics are useless in comparison of players from widely divergent generations.
There were so many,
too many great ones who left it all on the ice, gave all of their everything every game to list just a few!

Last edited:

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Exalting only four is to discredit the rest, it's an insult to so many great players that have worn the Bruins uniform. The likes of Marcotte, Westfall, Sanderson, Dallas Smith, Stanfield, Park, Bobby Carpenter, Charlie Simmer, Ken Hodge, Dave Reid, Mike Krushelnyski, Bronco Horvath. To exalt a player by critiquing harshly a player from 70 hence is foolish.
Some won cups here, some won them with other organizations, some never won a cup.
I don't know, it just seems a bit disrespectful to pick only four, and I'm sure that no matter the four, none of them would feel right if their teammates didn't share the mantle with them. None of us have ever seen the likes of Eddie Shore but to his generation of fans he WAS Bobby Orr. For a fan of today to compare a modern day player to the ghost of another player is ludicrous. Statistics are useless in comparison of players from widely divergent generations.
There were so many,
too many great ones who left it all on the ice, gave all of their everything every game to list just a few!
Love for Dave Reid! I like it!!
One of my favorite penalty kill tandems of all time is Reid and Dave Poulin. Those two were just so good together

Reactions: Strafer

JoeyBananas

Aug 24, 2018
Bourque, Orr, Shore are locks. 4th spot either Espo or Neely. By the end of his career, Bergeron may be in this discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad