ESPN NHL Lockout Coverage

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by X0ssbar, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X0ssbar

X0ssbar Guest

2. handtrick

handtrick Registered User

hand surgeon
    I think the 3rd article's reference is dead on in that, any "proposal" that comes from either the owners or the players in the next few weeks will be essentially meaningless except to strengthen their respective positions for the future labor boards impasse hearings.

Undoubtedly, a lot of hockey fans will start getting their hopes up when one of these, so called, "proposals," comes out.

3. PecaFan

PecaFan Registered User

I don't agree at all. The NHL has stated all along that they have no plans to declare an impasse. NHLPA types will tell you just how hard it is to win that.

There's no reason to think that's what their plan is.

4. Old Hickory

Old Hickory Guest

I am no ESPN fan by any stretch, but they've been covering the lockout the entire time.

5. The Kitner Boy

The Kitner Boy Registered User

Home Page:
    I can't believe it a thread that mentions ESPN and doesn't call for heads to roll. Will miracles never cease.

6. X0ssbar

X0ssbar Guest

On their web site they do an "okay" job but you'd be lucky to catch a 5 second segment about it on Sportscenter.

To tell you the truth, I go straight to TSN.ca for my morning updates on the lockout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.