ESPN, Fox, WBD, to launch joint sports streaming service

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Both Sportsnet+ and TSN Direct have struggled to gain much traction in Canada BallySports+ has flopped despite being a very good deal in Detroit
I think this is because they can't offer a better product than linear TV does.

In the case of Sportsnet though, the app is just a tremendous piece of shit. If that app was somebody's first experience with streaming apps they'd never try any other app.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think this is because they can't offer a better product than linear TV does.

In the case of Sportsnet though, the app is just a tremendous piece of shit. If that app was somebody's first experience with streaming apps they'd never try any other app.
TSN isn’t far off neither .
it’s pretty sad in this day and age that the two largest Telcomconglomerates in Canada produced such horrible streaming platforms for their signature sport properties. Again, “oligopolies“ in Canada show how bad they really can be. I wish we could get some good old fashioned competition.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Reaser

May 19, 2021
More fuel for the fire... or bang for the buck?

Tell me how you guys read this one. I know what I want to see in it, and I think my biases are clouding my judgement.

It's just a link to where the game is. You aren't getting the RSNs as part of ESPN+ or anything.

Reactions: Spydey629

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
It's just a link to where the game is. You aren't getting the RSNs as part of ESPN+ or anything.

I’m on Fubo & Max to get Sportsnet Pittsburgh and TNT games. My wishful brain was hoping I could ditch both for the cheaper combo YouTube TV and ESPN+. But a re-read of the article says you have to be signed in to your provider. At the very least it sounds like I won't have to jump from app to app to watch games.

Reaser

May 19, 2021
I’m on Fubo & Max to get Sportsnet Pittsburgh and TNT games. My wishful brain was hoping I could ditch both for the cheaper combo YouTube TV and ESPN+. But a re-read of the article says you have to be signed in to your provider. At the very least it sounds like I won't have to jump from app to app to watch games.

Yeah, this goes back about a year.

Think like Amazon's Prime Video, where you see stuff from max, Starz, Discovery+, etc. while scrolling through.

Reactions: Spydey629

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad