ESPN estimates the Kings wind up 16th in the NHL

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
You lost me at ESPN.

They know hockey like I know how to assemble Ikea furniture. The effort is there but the results are ugly and unusable.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Before we start to laugh it off lets wait and see until the seasons over to thumb our noses to ESPN. I remember everybody here talking about how bad the Ducks were going to be and they ended up winning the division.

Look Pens and Hawks will be 1 or 2 then you have Calgary, Florida, Buffalo, and NJ carrying the rear then all the other teams roll the dice I would not surprised by the order. Hey by the points listed one lucky bounce and were in the top 10!
Sports is all about waiting for the end result, but when you put out a column they are open for criticism. It's safe to presume that the Kings will end up higher than 16th. The list is a little baffling.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Before we start to laugh it off lets wait and see until the seasons over to thumb our noses to ESPN. I remember everybody here talking about how bad the Ducks were going to be and they ended up winning the division.

Look Pens and Hawks will be 1 or 2 then you have Calgary, Florida, Buffalo, and NJ carrying the rear then all the other teams roll the dice I would not surprised by the order. Hey by the points listed one lucky bounce and were in the top 10!

If the season had gone a week or 2 longer the Ducks woulda been third in the Pacific. If it had been a regular length season they might have missed the playoffs all together.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
ESPN is a total disgrace, they are nothing more than the TMZ of sports, there would be no reason to watch outside of their live NFL and NCAA football games and a few select shows like Outside the Lines, The ESPN films shows and Gameday.

Nice to see they took a break from talking about LeBron and Tiger for a few minutes to post these laughable power rankings.

Ewan McGregor*

ESPN should just stick to anything non-hockey. Their coverage is embarrassing.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
You know things are messed up when you just look at the data from the last full season. There were 10 teams over 100 pts. not 1. There was 46 pt. spread from first to last not 21 pts. And 6 teams that were below the 80 pt. threshold that is last place here.
That's just looking at the last full season. You go farther back I suspect it would look even worse.

Calirose

Mar 31, 2012
6ix
The hockey news has our Centers and wingers ranked in the top 5 (maybe both top 4). Our goaltending ranked 2nd and our d ranked 4th (i think).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad