ESPN: Depth paying off for flying Ducks

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Thankfully LeBrun (accidentally put Lebron :laugh:) has an admitted soft spot for the Ducks or 6-1-1 goes completely unnoticed by national media. Unless you consider @mirtle to be national media. He gave us a little shoutout.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
"All those young guys are going to be good players. But you can only learn by playing them and letting them make mistakes and hoping the mistakes don't cost you."

Almost the exact opposite of the Carlyle philosophy in his time with the Ducks.

Corey Perry*

I love how hockey is the only sport where ESPN doesn't have they're own writers, but instead they borrow the TSN guys.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
"All those young guys are going to be good players. But you can only learn by playing them and letting them make mistakes and hoping the mistakes don't cost you."

Why do you keep saying this Carlyle played plenty young players
Including developing RPG into superstars. They are lazy players but he knew how to make them put effort

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Including developing RPG into superstars. They are lazy players but he knew how to make them put effort

Saying this?

Because it's true. I never once said Carlyle's philosophy was wrong, or not effective, it was just different.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Last time we had an article like this written on us, we went on a losing streak and RC was fired

Suddenly7

Jun 15, 2012
Anaheim

In a way I agree I can't say many players were affected by Carlyle during his time in Anaheim. Though he never played 4 lines effectively which held some of our players back. His system was not meant for the Ducks since many of the young players we have are highly skilled players that need tons of time to grow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad