News Article: ESPN.com Cats return to the top in a tight, tight race

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
It'll be a tight race, but I think everything has to go right for us to repeat as SE Champs. We'll definitely be in the mix for a top 8 spot though.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I honestly think it's a toss-up between three or four teams in the Southeast and is going to be really competitive in this short season. The players seem to realize by their quotes of what it's going to take the repeat as division champs and go farther than a 1st round exit again.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I honestly think Washington and Tampa will be the weaker teams of the division this year, I think it's us and Carolina for the title, then again all teams are going to be strong this year, but I still think we are strong enough for a playoff seed. (Hopefully)

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
My brain says Carolina all the way. My heart is another story. I agree with Erick I believe who said that this year would be a transition year. I expect a return to greatness next season. Little in the way of expectations for this one.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
My brain says Carolina all the way. My heart is another story. I agree with Erick I believe who said that this year would be a transition year. I expect a return to greatness next season. Little in the way of expectations for this one.

Same here. You look at our lineup without Goc and Bergy, not only are we going to have major problems scoring, those are two of our best all around forwards as well. Unless Kovalev recaptures some old magic, which isn't gonna happen. The East better look out for us in 13-14 though.

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
The mentality in this thread has a familiar tone to last years'. :laugh: Personally, I kinda have that let's wait and see what happens mentality. Though my expectations aren't very high. As long as they give it their all every single game, I'm good. I'm just glad hockey's back.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
With a 48 game season even a bad team can hit a hot streak and make it in the top-8. That being said, I think if the Panthers start out hot like they did last season they can take the division again.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Injuries are the only thing that has me doubting where we'll finish. Otherwise I'd say we'll be at the top. Gonna be a wild run.

Jan 19, 2006
Did I just read an article from Scott Burnside that not only does not question the right of the Panthers to exist, but also picks them to win the division?

Did he write the article on Opposite Day?

CoolburnIsGone

He had an interesting comment on the side bar regarding Huberdeau:
There is little doubt he will be the team's second-line centerman to begin the campaign, but Stephen Weiss better watch his back closely; nothing short of a start like Weiss had last season will save him from being passed on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad