News Article: ESPN asks fans to pick "Who is Mr. Panthers?"

BlindRefs

Sep 5, 2008
No way on Bure - purely is not team player. How many games did you see him taking his skates off before the final horn sounds? That was just pitiful and made it where I wanted him gone.

I like the Randy Moller idea, same in a way, Billy Lindsay would fit the bill.

But, my vote would be for Paul Laus. All heart. Also, totally cool when run into him at the store or something too. Also, you never really hated him. Stinks he didn't have a proper exit.

Beezer was great. But at the end of his time here, we were calling goals "beezer goals". The glove would lift up after the puck was in the net.

We also have Gord Murphy with his great hip check and return as coach. Same with Skrudland return as a coach.

Jovo could do as first draft, and Weiss could have been it, but that didn't pan out.

If we joke about Wells, what about Stu Barnes?

There really are quite a few that could fit the bill, but none that tower over the others. Other teams have players that go with the team easy, Gordie Howe, for example. I don't think we have one, yet.

Either way, I would not complain if Beezer, Melanby, Laus, etc. are named. Just not Bure. In a way, I am not sure if there is anyone really super worthy, yet.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
I like the Randy Moller idea, same in a way, Billy Lindsay would fit the bill.
Actually Lindsay would be a better fit, member of 1996 team, Moller only played like half of 1994-95 season?

We also have Gord Murphy with his great hip check and return as coach. Same with Skrudland return as a coach.
Skrudland left the Panthers, soon as he got bigger offer.

JOL

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The first player I ever gravitated toward was Stu Barnes. The most creative and offensively gifted player on the team at the time. He was pretty special. I was absolutely crushed when they traded him and a guy like Chris Wells. This guy was the direct opposite of Barnes and the Panthers never saw that element of creativity again until they acquired the Wizard. I know it's not his fault but I hate Chris Wells with a passion.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good, he has been the best by far. Notice how we haven't been able to replace his scoring.

Olli was putting up respectable numbers while he was here but ya we miss/need another elite sniper like bure. Wish he could have played until he was in his late 30 's to see how many goals and points he could have collected.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Should have been either Ballard for his great stick swinging motivation on Vokoun or Zedniks heroics for literally cutting his throat for this team.

If that doesn't reek of teamwork, then I don't know what does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad