News Article: ESPN asks fans to pick "Who is Mr. Panthers?"

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm kinda confused where they're aiming at. The headline says:
Top Panthers player?
then the article says:
So show us you're all-in, no matter how lousy your team has been since, well, pretty much ever, and help us pick your favorite player in franchise history. Tell us who you feel is truly Mr. Panther. If one player could represent the Panthers in the Hockey Hall of Fame, which one would it be?
So is it top player or your own favourite? :huh:

Laus is definitely Mr. Panther if pure skill isn't the most important factor, otherwise it's probably Beezer IMO.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
BjW6fMn.jpg

CoolburnIsGone

It comes down to Mellanby and Laus for me. Without Mellanby and the rat trick, we may not even still be in existence. But Laus definitely was the epitome of a player you wanted on the Panthers. I think I would hedge towards Mellanby.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
I dont know if anyone here remember my this guy, but my all time favorite is not the best player there, but i loved him in NHL 94, Andrei Lomakin. I never really saw him play since it was kinda hard to follow Panthers and NHL in sweden back then, so all my memories with him is from NHL 94.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'd first go with Laus and then second with Mellanby. I guess you have to include Beezer in there as well, but he wasn't a Panther nearly as long.

If Luongo stays for the length of his contract and we end up being very successful during that time, I'd have to put him as my number one at that point.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The case for Beezer:

1. Almost single-handedly brought the team to a Stanley Cup in 1996
2. Franchises' only legit all-star player before Bure came here
3. Credited with creating the naming of the "Rat trick"
4. His iconic helmet
5. Featured on the cover of a video game (what are the odds a Panther player does that ever again..)
6. The unofficial ambassador of the Panthers to the rest of the hockey world in our early years

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The case for Beezer:

1. Almost single-handedly brought the team to a Stanley Cup in 1996
2. Franchises' only legit all-star player before Bure came here
3. Credited with creating the naming of the "Rat trick"
4. His iconic helmet
5. Featured on the cover of a video game (what are the odds a Panther player does that ever again..)
6. The unofficial ambassador of the Panthers to the rest of the hockey world in our early years

Lmao to think that #4 might mean the least but also the most! He was an all star every year possible until the end. Can't say I blame him for his numbers in 97-98. He and Bure fighting fi the spot and I think the SCF and mask put him over in my book.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad