Escape from Tarkov

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Haven't seen this game get much love anywhere...so not surprised HF hasn't talked about it..

Its hard to explain....its basically a hardcore shooter, with small "raids" and a free roam with all the raids on same map..with looter aspects.

Its currently in Alpha, with open beta I believe Q1 2017.....

PC ONLY however.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Currently the only way to get into Alpha is purchasing either the Left Behind edition (50% chance) Prepare to Escape edition (75% chance) or the Edge of Darkness edition which is guaranteed....They each have perks...EOD is a bit expensive yeah, but it includes all future DLCs for free.

From what I've seen so far it looks fantastic..gun nerds will love it..the modifications are great and the realism...I love the hardcore aspect it carries and the loot aspect as well...I can't wait for the Free Roam to come out with all 10 or 12 raids on the same map..

Currently Alpha offers offline of the 2 raids I believe and online..its 2 or 3 right now..

Basically you select your loadout from your stash, which has a limited number..so some pre-orders have bigger ones from the get go..BUT EVERYTHING PREORDER PEOPLE GET IS OBTAINABLE FOR EVERYONE THROUGH UNLOCKING..then you get dropped into whichever raid you choose, you have 1 container you carry that if you die you keep whats in that...whatever else you lose and exit raid....you want to reach the extraction with whatever loot you find or gather from killing people.

Heres some gameplay..

This video explains some game mechanics and talks about the weapons and ****, great watch

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Does anyone here play this game?

Dr Disrespect has been playing this the last few days and now I kind of want to buy a new PC just to play this (I've been delaying this for a very long time) lol.

I have no idea what's going on most of the time but the slow gameplay and MMO/loot systems seem right up my alley.

He's been playing with another streamer Dr Lupo who has been teaching him everything about the game like he's Tarkov Yoda.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looks interesting, will likely check this out.

Would like to see something like this come to COD!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Its hardcore. Many will give up. The learning curve is huge and it's basically a horror game that actually has nothing to do with horror. EFT players know what I mean

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad