Eriksson-Soderberg-? Why?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I love this place

Eriksson leads all our forwards in TOI per game..
But he's a third liner

He's not producing enough..
But he's second on our team in pts playing with arguably lesser talent considering Kelly is where offense goes to die

Last edited:

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Do you understand he is also playing against lesser talent too? 3rd lines and 3rd pairing defense? So it becomes a push.

He is not being held back at all and he is having a decent season. Good for hm.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Smith is hot right now, no reason to move him. Lucic+kids seem to be working right now, no reason to break that up. You are not going to put one of them on the 4th line, are you? I'd like to see Eriksson with Krejci at some point though. Something like:

Söderberg-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Connolly(Paille)-Kelly(Talbot)-Ferlin

I somewhat agree. I like Lucic with the kids and hope that is a line that can produce so it can stay together the rest of the way. It might be a great line against the Habs. I wouldn't put Connolly on the 4th line ,he was brought in because he has top 6 potential. I would try him with Bergeron and Marchand. If Soderberg can play LW ?? I like the idea of Krejci playing with the Swedes. There are quite a few possibilities for the 4 th line but I like Kelly as the centre.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
For all the smartasses,it appears that Bergeron draws the best opposing forwards,Soderberg,the second best forwards and Krejci the checking line.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Congrats...Loui is actually on the second line...woohoo..and you killed your argument saying he would be better with Krejci since other teams are putting their second pair against Sodeberg line and not Krejci line.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Congrats...Loui is actually on the second line...woohoo..and you killed your argument saying he would be better with Krejci since other teams are putting their second pair against Sodeberg line and not Krejci line.

My gosh man. Do you not understand? They are putting their checking line and first and second pair versus Krejci. Krejci is a couple or 3 levels better than Soderberg.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Loui got a shot on the top two lines right off the bat. He looked uncomfortable and out of sync. He didn't pass the eye test. He was shoehorned on the top lines because of the same reason we always hear, he makes a decent amount of money.

The same kind of simplistic thinking led to hooking him up with his countryman...except this time it worked. That, more than he had to play somewhere.

He was effective and comfortable, improving, for a long stretch.

Maybe it is time to get Loui out if his comfort zone. Can try.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Loui got a shot on the top two lines right off the bat. He looked uncomfortable and out of sync. He didn't pass the eye test. He was shoehorned on the top lines because of the same reason we always hear, he makes a decent amount of money.

The same kind of simplistic thinking led to hooking him up with his countryman...except this time it worked. That, more than he had to play somewhere.

He was effective and comfortable, improving, for a long stretch.

Maybe it is time to get Loui out if his comfort zone. Can try.

Realistically,since his "recovery" from head injuries he has gotten about 1 1/2 games with Bergeron and a half a game with Krejci. He and Soderberg were excellent late last year and maybe 15 games this year. People make evaluations that he's uncomfortable with Krejci/Bergeron after 2 games total but can't come to the true realization that Loui/Soderberg absolutely suck after 8 weeks of non performance? It boggles the mind.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
My gosh man. Do you not understand? They are putting their checking line and first and second pair versus Krejci. Krejci is a couple or 3 levels better than Soderberg.

We get it. You love Loui and dislike sodeberg. All your posts are either one or the other. Just don't see why you needed a whole new thread to whine in. Got the Loui player thread and the other thread called lines, which seems appropriate for what your talking about.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Do you understand he is also playing against lesser talent too? 3rd lines and 3rd pairing defense? So it becomes a push.

He is not being held back at all and he is having a decent season. Good for hm.

Thank you

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
We get it. You love Loui and dislike sodeberg. All your posts are either one or the other. Just don't see why you needed a whole new thread to whine in. Got the Loui player thread and the other thread called lines, which seems appropriate for what your talking about.

It's not,when I continue to see what are supposed to be intelligent and insightful Bruins' fans continue to want to see this line combination. It's unbelievable that people constantly criticize Claude and Chiarelli's decisions in one sentence and then write down the names of Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson in another. I want this team to succeed and that combination has proven for 2 months it does not help the team do that. No need to get snarly because you were wrong. You can still write Soiderberg-Loui-Kelly on that thread.

james30

Jan 13, 2010
Would love to see Connolly with Soderberg and Ericsson. Soderberg and Ericsson have the two way play that Claude loves. Add Connolly's speed and shot in the offensive zone. Not sure connolly has Claudes defensive play. Good line mates to hide that fact. then you don't have to change the other two lines yet!!!

Serge A Storms

Apr 21, 2013
Connecticut
4.25 million for a third liner is too much, it is the same argument people on here make about Kelly at 3 million. Eriksson doesn't fit and to me is the sad "new" face of Bruins hockey, soft, doesn't hit but plays a two way game with no passion. As much as I dislike his game he represents what Chiarelli has done to this team, made it soft and easy to play against. Hence one of the many reasons I look forward to Chiarelli getting canned when the team doesn't make the playoffs.

Funny how "soft" Loui Eriksson looks like the only player on this team that is willing to fight for position in front of the opposing net.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Funny how "soft" Loui Eriksson looks like the only player on this team that is willing to fight for position in front of the opposing net.

Apparently, you haven't watched Soderberg at all this year? The guy lives in front of the net on the PP and goes to the net at ES as much as anyone on the team. With DK out, I would like to see:

63-37-21
17-51-88
18-34-14
23-25-68

11 (will never happen in a million years) and 20 sit.

See how this goes, and then worry about the lineup when DK returns when he does return.

Serge A Storms

Apr 21, 2013
Connecticut
Apparently, you haven't watched Soderberg at all this year? The guy lives in front of the net on the PP and goes to the net at ES as much as anyone on the team. With DK out, I would like to see:

63-37-21
17-51-88
18-34-14
23-25-68

11 (will never happen in a million years) and 20 sit.

See how this goes, and then worry about the lineup when DK returns when he does return.

True, Soderberg sticks his nose in there as well. The post was a bit of hyperbole because I really disagree that Eriksson is soft. He wins his fair share of board battles and fights in front of the net. The only reason I could see someone saying that he's soft is because he doesn't really throw body checks a lot... but that doesn't make him soft.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
It's not,when I continue to see what are supposed to be intelligent and insightful Bruins' fans continue to want to see this line combination. It's unbelievable that people constantly criticize Claude and Chiarelli's decisions in one sentence and then write down the names of Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson in another. I want this team to succeed and that combination has proven for 2 months it does not help the team do that. No need to get snarly because you were wrong. You can still write Soiderberg-Loui-Kelly on that thread.

Exactly what am I wrong about? Your opinion is that Eriksson would be world's class better with Krejci. Thats it. Not true, opinion. Mighty high horse that you think only people that think your way are smart. Yet the one guy that actually is coaching the team is not. They tried him there, it didnt work. I am sure they tried in practice too and didnt work. Remember the GM expected Loui to take over the first line too during the summer, but something obviously isnt clicking.

Maybe adding Smith or Connolly to that line adds more. Who knows, but to say that Loui is being held back by Sodeberg is certainly something I do not see.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
True, Soderberg sticks his nose in there as well. The post was a bit of hyperbole because I really disagree that Eriksson is soft. He wins his fair share of board battles and fights in front of the net. The only reason I could see someone saying that he's soft is because he doesn't really throw body checks a lot... but that doesn't make him soft.

Eriksson is not soft. The problem is that B's fans (myself included) thought we were getting 60-70 point "DAL Loui", not 45 point Loui, and have to watch nightly highlights of Seguin scoring (when he's healthy). I loved Loui when he was in DAL, but he hasn't been the same guy. Blame the system or the player, but that's what the big issue is.

Serge A Storms

Apr 21, 2013
Connecticut
Eriksson is not soft. The problem is that B's fans (myself included) thought we were getting 60-70 point "DAL Loui", not 45 point Loui, and have to watch nightly highlights of Seguin scoring (when he's healthy). I loved Loui when he was in DAL, but he hasn't been the same guy. Blame the system or the player, but that's what the big issue is.

Agree completely, I hated the trade when it happend and I hate it now. I was just responding to that one specific comment about him being soft and easy to play against.

He's not what I hoped, but I don't see him as a major problem for the team.

As for Seguin scoring, good for him. I really don't like they way he was treated on the way out, it was unprofessional. I'm rooting for him to do well over there, as long as it's not against the Bruins.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Does anyone remember Eriksson scoring a goal that wasn't either a deflection/bounced off him, or a shot from right in close? I honestly don't think he's scored on a legitimate shot from the slot or further out in Boston. That's OK, but there is no way I'd put someone that can't shoot well at all as the top-line scoring winger, especially considering Krejci is more of a playmaker.

Serge A Storms

Apr 21, 2013
Connecticut
Does anyone remember Eriksson scoring a goal that wasn't either a deflection/bounced off him, or a shot from right in close? I honestly don't think he's scored on a legitimate shot from the slot or further out in Boston. That's OK, but there is no way I'd put someone that can't shoot well at all as the top-line scoring winger, especially considering Krejci is more of a playmaker.

Didn't he score most of his goals in Dallas by being around the net?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Didn't he score most of his goals in Dallas by being around the net?

That's his m.o., yes, but I was expecting him to be able to contribute at least something with his shot, and that hasn't happened at all. I think he arguably has the worst shot on the team. You cannot put someone like that on line 1 and rely on him offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad