Eriksson-Soderberg-? Why?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Exactly what am I wrong about? Your opinion is that Eriksson would be world's class better with Krejci. Thats it. Not true, opinion. Mighty high horse that you think only people that think your way are smart. Yet the one guy that actually is coaching the team is not. They tried him there, it didnt work. I am sure they tried in practice too and didnt work. Remember the GM expected Loui to take over the first line too during the summer, but something obviously isnt clicking.

Maybe adding Smith or Connolly to that line adds more. Who knows, but to say that Loui is being held back by Sodeberg is certainly something I do not see.

How does today's Soderberg compare to 2008 Brad Richards and Mike Ribeiro,the 7th and 8th scoring centers for 4 years cumulative,playing with Eriksson when he averaged close to 70 points for 4 years? Soderberg is ranked 45th in his 2 seasons.

Eriksson got 1 1/4 games with Krejci in camp,1/2 game since. Claude says he likes the chemistry that has produced 4 goals in 24 games as much as he likes playing Gregory Campbell in the closing moments of close games.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
How does today's Soderberg compare to 2008 Brad Richards and Mike Ribeiro,the 7th and 8th scoring centers for 4 years cumulative,playing with Eriksson when he averaged close to 70 points for 4 years? Soderberg is ranked 45th in his 2 seasons.

Eriksson got 1 1/4 games with Krejci in camp,1/2 game since. Claude says he likes the chemistry that has produced 4 goals in 24 games as much as he likes playing Gregory Campbell in the closing moments of close games.

Apples to Oranges. Completely different systems between Dallas and Boston. Dallas tries out to outscore thier opponent to win. Boston wins with their defensive system. Also in his final shorten season in Dallas was not very good for him stats wise either.

Again you do not know what they are doing in practice. They may have spent time as a line there but didnt see it working. Just cause we do not see it in a game doesnt mean it hasnt happened.

Look at it from the type of player he is as well. Loui rarely shoots, Lucic rarely shoots, Krejci rarely shoots. I can see where they just may not have chemistry. Now if say they traded Lucic for Hall, who is a shooter, then I can see where Hall-Krejci-Eriksson would work as a line. Problem is the Bruins really have one shooter, and he happens to be 18yrs old, now possibly Connolly adds another shooter to the mix. Without a pure shooter though you could move Loui up and down the lines and you would still get the same production because the dynamic is the same which has been a big issue this whole season for the Bruins.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
By my count,the Loui-Soderberg-Paille combination won 8 of 15 shifts tonight and had 7 shots-6 by Loui and 1 by Paille.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Loui-Soderberg-Kelly were 9 for 18 in zone time wins with 11 shots on net ES,7 by Soderberg.

OutspokenMinority*

I keep wondering why they are both on the team, at least Soderberg has shown flashes of very good play. Eriksson? Dallas is still laughing that somebody bought "the most underrated player in the league" crap.

Eriksson has been very good for months now. Very playoff-friendly style of play. Look forward to seeing how they do, if they make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad