Value of: Erik Karlsson at 50% retained

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Re-posting this as it didn't appear to post correctly the first time. Apologies if it double posts, but not sure if it was mod deleted for some reason (not sure why it would be...?)

Hello everyone.

I, like most Sens fans, hate seeing constant 'Value of' and 'Proposal' threads for Erik Karlsson, as we all know he isn't moving, and I don't want to see him moved. But I don't recall seeing any of these threads with him at 50% retained. Obviously he is the elite of the elite, and is already on an amazing contract (6.5 mill per for 3 more years). But in the interest of discussion (as this is a hockey discussion forum), I'm curious what your team would give up for Erik Karlsson at 3.25 mill per year for 3 more years, as this would make him clearly the best non-ELC contract in the NHL, by far.

Looking forward to what will hopefully be a mature, adult discussion.

P.S. This is intended to be a value-only discussion, not taking team needs into account.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Somewhere between a late 1st and "all the picks and prospects a team owns".

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
A teams best young forward, best young dman, top blue chip prospect and some 1sts atleast.. most likely alot more.. the return would and should be absolutely HUGE

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
God... From the Leafs, I'd give up Marner, Nylander, and the 2017 1st. Even then, Ottawa would laugh in my face and block my #.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
At 50% retained you could trade him to a high cap contending team. In that situation you would be getting the kind of absurd payday Lindros was traded for.

Let's say it was Edmonton. They massively add talent and lower their cap number too. Think Nurse, Eberle and their next 4 or 5 first round picks.

ruhroh*

Registered Goober
Aug 1, 2016
ur place
Re-posting this as it didn't appear to post correctly the first time. Apologies if it double posts, but not sure if it was mod deleted for some reason (not sure why it would be...?)

Hello everyone.

I, like most Sens fans, hate seeing constant 'Value of' and 'Proposal' threads for Erik Karlsson, as we all know he isn't moving, and I don't want to see him moved. But I don't recall seeing any of these threads with him at 50% retained. Obviously he is the elite of the elite, and is already on an amazing contract (6.5 mill per for 3 more years). But in the interest of discussion (as this is a hockey discussion forum), I'm curious what your team would give up for Erik Karlsson at 3.25 mill per year for 3 more years, as this would make him clearly the best non-ELC contract in the NHL, by far.

P.S. This is intended to be a value-only discussion, not taking team needs into account.

Nurse, Drai+1st.
Pulju looks like a future center, so we can afford to lose Drai.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The first one was deleted by a moderator as it is a ridiculous premise made even more ridiculous by your own admission that you, and sens fans in general, hate seeing "value of" threads for Erik Karlsson. We have a rule against outlandish proposals which I interpret to mean that even threads like this one, which is quite clearly designed to get fans of other teams to offer what would be considered outlandish proposals, are against the forum specific rules.

Simply put, you already know that any trade for Erik Karlsson, short of being forced by the owner, would require a sizable return. Retaining half of his salary would imply that the owner has no problem paying for half of the contract, and, thus, implies that the return would need to be even greater as it would not be a forced move. The purpose of this thread isn't to generate discussion, but to further bolster your opinion of Erik Karlsson's value, which everyone already knows is extraordinarily high. Furthermore, your admitted contempt for these kinds of threads leads me to believe that this is some sort of revenge thread, designed specifically to get the kinds of outrageous proposals you feel are lacking in other Value Of: Erik Karlsson threads.

Closed.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

Hello everyone.

You'll just get a bunch of ridiculous offers. Also, your first attempt was deleted, ftr.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad