HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erik Karlsson (24)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
first goal thanks to regin and kovalev

pittsburg goal was aaaaaaall erikson

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Uh oh, one year till he turns 25. One year away from being a washed up slug that will never match his peak. it's all downhill from there.

Enjoy being loved while you can Karlsson, this fanbase will turn on you next season when u become a washed up old has been overnight.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I just think Karlsson is going to dip at 27 tbh, we should have signed him till he was 26 and then have the RFA chip on him oh well.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don't want to think he's peaked, but at the same time there will always be that thought "What if that was it?"

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
CRAP! Already over the hill!

Trade the bum for draft picks and prospects!

Brought to you by overreacting HFBoards stereotypical fan.

:sarcasm:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not sure where to put this, but despite his meh year, he finished 7th in Norris voting.

And way the hell ahead of PK.

Bq700hVCMAA9EGE.png

https://twitter.com/Sean_Leahy/status/481591393798725633

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Pretty sad that Chara finished ahead of Weber. Reputation lives on for long time in the NHL.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Not sure where to put this, but despite his meh year, he finished 7th in Norris voting.

Bq700hVCMAA9EGE.png

Doesn't this kind of show people that the voters do not really take defense into account when voting for this trophy?

There are a couple of players below Karlsson that were much better defensively then him this season. Don't get me wrong, Karlsson is my favorite player, but i don't really think he should be 7th in voting if the voters were really taking into account the defense of these players for this season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Doesn't this kind of show people that the voters do not really take defense into account when voting for this trophy?

There are a couple of players below Karlsson that were much better defensively then him this season. Don't get me wrong, Karlsson is my favorite player, but i don't really think he should be 7th in voting if the voters were really taking into account the defense of these players for this season.

He got 20 votes. My guess is a good chunk are from Ottawa based voters.

Aside from that, 74 points is a lot. If I had to re-order that list, I'd probably only knock him down 2 spots, even then, it's hard to imagine a 30 point lead on these guys being not being enough, but in the case of McDonaugh, I think you could make that argument.

The two travesties in my mind looking at the results is Weber and Hedman. Both should have gotten a ton more vote imo.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
It's great to see that balanced offensive/defensive prowess is being evaluated. Unlike the fans with defensive blinders who think that points are the only measurable stat.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

Bq700hVCMAA9EGE.png

Seeing the voting again emphasizes how big of a joke the awards and the voters are. Someone voted Giordano 1st, the dude missed 20 games. It's just a small thing but c'mon man. I guess there's no right way to do the voting but so many times you see the results and just laugh. The Art Ross and Rocket are legit at least.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Seeing the voting again emphasizes how big of a joke the awards and the voters are. Someone voted Giordano 1st, the dude missed 20 games. It's just a small thing but c'mon man. I guess there's no right way to do the voting but so many times you see the results and just laugh. The Art Ross and Rocket are legit at least.

Chara over Weber is the most egregious thing there.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's great to see that balanced offensive/defensive prowess is being evaluated. Unlike the fans with defensive blinders who think that points are the only measurable stat.

This is more attributable to forwards; when it comes to defensemen it is the opposite - people primarily take into consideration defensive play while largely ignoring the offensive contributions of defensemen.

Case in point: Doughty and Karlsson. EK literally outscored Doughty 2-1 this season - 74 points to Doughty's 37. Apparently Doughty is the best defensive defenseman in the league because he got four times as many voting points as Karlsson did, despite this tremendous difference in production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad