Value of: Erik Haula to Pittsburgh

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Say the 'Canes decide to move him, what would the Pens have to give up?

Erg...that’s a tough one. I think they only move him if they fall drastically out of contention. The tough part here is that CAR really has no need of futures as they already have 6 picks in the first three rounds this year.

I’d imagine a decent prospect in goal would be enticing or a skater close to the NHL. Otherwise, I suppose the standard 2nd + marginal prospect would be the order of the day.

Reactions: qqaz and BHD

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Erg...that’s a tough one. I think they only move him if they fall drastically out of contention. The tough part here is that CAR really has no need of futures as they already have 6 picks in the first three rounds this year.

I’d imagine a decent prospect in goal would be enticing or a skater close to the NHL. Otherwise, I suppose the standard 2nd + marginal prospect would be the order of the day.

Pittsburgh is looking for a top six forward. Haula isn't one of those. We don't need another C either. So, the obvious answer is Pittsburgh has no interest. Haula isn't a need at all.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pittsburgh is looking for a top six forward. Haula isn't one of those. We don't need another C either. So, the obvious answer is Pittsburgh has no interest. Haula isn't a need at all.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Haula at 3C would push McCann to wing which isn't bad if we can't get a wing in trade we like.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

It wasn’t a Canes fan that asked what he’d cost. They likely don’t want to trade him.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Haula is pacing 27 goals and 47 points. Winning faceoffs at a 55% rate. Excellent net-front presence. He's a perfect #3C or top-9 winger for a Playoff run.

I'd guess the cost would be something like a 2nd round pick. I'd prefer to ship him out West to a team like Edmonton though. This is assuming the Canes aren't contending for a Playoff spot by the TDL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Canes shouldn't be traded to a rival right now. Send him to someone like VAN or EDM. I'd love him back in MN, but it doesn't make any sense for a variety of reasons...unless we can interest you in this really cool Swedish C...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad