Erik Gustafsson

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Maybe this has been discussed in other threads and I've missed it. Does anyone know what's going on with him? Out day-to-day for personal reasons, but it's been a while. Hopefully not a sickness in the family, but is he po'd that he went from 20 minutes a night lock to 7 or 8 on the depth chart? Seems odd that I don't think the Leafs have commented on it at all, or am I missing something?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I'm honestly wondering about what's going on with him.

I hope everything is ok with him and his family, but it's now starting to creep into my mind that maybe he's left the team, being unhappy with the carousel rotation of defense that Keefe has been employing since the TDL.

Coming from how important he was in Washington, I can't imagine him being remotely happy with how he's been used here, with only Timmins being ranked lower on our defensive depth.

Hoping he's ok more than anything at this point. Sometimes it's a harsh reminder that at the end of the day, hockey is only a game and real life is not.......

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
They want everyone healthy and happy for playoffs. They gave him personal time to sort some things out. Seems human thing to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad