Recalled/Assigned: Erik Gustafsson (D) recalled; Andreas Lilja (D) loaned to Phantoms (AHL)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
GUS RECALLED IN MONTREAL
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren announced some roster moves just prior to their game at Montreal.

The club has recalled defenseman Erik Gustafsson from their AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, and loaned defenseman Andreas Lilja to the Phantoms.

Gustafsson will be in the Flyers line-up tonight and wear No. 29.

This is Gustafsson's first recall to the Flyers this season, after playing 32 games with the Phantoms, posting 18 points (4g-14a) and 37 penalty minutes.

He missed 15 games with the Phantoms after suffering an ankle injury on Dec. 14 against the Syracuse Crunch.

Last season, Gustafsson appeared in 30 regular season games for the Flyers recording a goal and four assists. He added two points (1g-1a) in seven Stanley Cup Playoff games.

"I think he's at the point where he wants to get here, get in the line-up on a regular basis," said Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette. "It's unfortunate what happened with the injury to start the year because he had some good games for us, especially in the Pittsburgh series at the end of last year. He can even use that to build off of and hopefully continue to improve at this level."

Gustafsson received the news late last night after the Phantoms-Albany Devils game and feels good about getting back with the big club.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095&navid=DL|PHI|home

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @NHLFlyers: MORE: #Flyers have also loaned (D) Andreas Lilja to Adirondack.

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
Hopefully Gus takes the place of Foster or Gervais. Gus should help out the powerplay too. I think he'd be great with Grossmann

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @dianacnearhos: Lilja is in Glens Falls and will be playing tonight.

This seems like a permanent move to me.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Probably means that Kimmo has to sit out a couple of games.

Will Gus take his spot on the first pairing or does he fill in on the third with Foster?we'll find out soon

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
IMO, he'll stay even when Kimmo will be back. We need someone who moves the puck well, and Gus looked ready when he last played for us. I think he's better than Foster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad