Confirmed with Link: Erik Gudbranson has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Tanner Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Looks like Pearson has 2 years left at 3.75 mil a season. Basically a wash salary wise but to get rid of Gudbrandson I'll take it.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Well, garbage for garbage trade except we lose a defensman and will have to play Sautner full time and we lose a good fighter.

We gained a tweener player. Another Sven Baertschi.

We acquired 0 picks. That sucks.
I don't care if they acquired Margaret Thatcher's corpse for him, at least he's ****ing gone.

Addition by subtraction.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
ss
Overpaid shitty forward >>> Overpaid shitty defenseman

Reactions: GoldyNuck

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Another two years of Pearson after this one. 3.75M.

We save some cash, but Pearson is on the brink of leaving the NHL here, and there's still term left.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
How do you mess this up? Trade Gudbranson for basically anything to get him off the books. Make Utica better if you have to.

But no ... of course you have to acquire another 25+ year old player on an awful contract. Basically like a winger version of Gubdranson.

WHY DO YOU HATE YOUTH?!

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Pearson is good for like ten goals a year. Overpaid slightly but he'll fit right in with the Sutter's and roussels that are overpaid.

Good deal. Gudbranson had negative value. Pearson has at least some value that can be salvaged at the deadline next year

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This just significantly helped the development of our Defenders, nobody has to be stuck with guddy now.
Still kind of dumb they did not trade guddy for a 2nd like rumored last year, w/e

Reactions: xtra

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Great logic and reasoning!

You wouldn’t rather of had a pick for Guddy than ANOTHER tweener winger that we already have a ton of?

Of course but asking Benning to do that isn’t realistic and we all know it. We don’t have to watch the worst defensemen in the league anymore and for that I’m happy.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
It's a good trade. Pearson could still be a solid middle six option and getting rid of Gudbranson's gaffes is will pay immediate dividends. Pearson is a low risk acquisition and we'll have to wait to see how and where he fits.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Great logic and reasoning!

You wouldn’t rather of had a pick for Guddy than ANOTHER tweener winger that we already have a ton of?

Bold of you to assume that we could have had a pick for Guddy. This was cap dump for cap dump neither team was going to hand over a pick for the players in this deal.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pearson will actually retain value when he's in the last year of his contract. Gudbranson will have net negative value by the time his contract is up.

Sutter and Granlund are the only dinosaurs left now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad