Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I would like to see just blue/gold and white. No need for the red really

I agree. Make a blue home jersey with yellow and white accents, then a white road jersey with blue and yellow accents. And keep that yellow jersey as an alternate.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I agree. Make a blue home jersey with yellow and white accents, then a white road jersey with blue and yellow accents. And keep that yellow jersey as an alternate.
Yes. And I'll take the logo from the yellow jersey and stick it on all three. Clean and more fresh than their current crowded jerseys

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yes. And I'll take the logo from the yellow jersey and stick it on all three. Clean and more fresh than their current crowded jerseys

I would like to see them take the template from their warmup jerseys this season and apply them to a blue/yellow/white color scheme with a cleaner, simpler look. But I think just a plain wordmark on all three jerseys would be too basic.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I would like to see them take the template from their warmup jerseys this season and apply them to a blue/yellow/white color scheme with a cleaner, simpler look. But I think just a plain wordmark on all three jerseys would be too basic.

I'm okay with that otter logo from the warmups. Not a fan of the big ERIE on the jersey and font but that could be fixed or not needed at all. But the circle logo thing they have now is outdated

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I really liked the warm up jerseys too. Also, it is about time to ante up and get a real team bus. I don't know of any other team who charters a bus like Erie does. All of the team buses have graphics covering the sides of them. Even Owen Sound and Sarnia, (hardly wealthy franchises) have team graphics on their buses. It is time to go first class for a classy organization.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I really liked the warm up jerseys too. Also, it is about time to ante up and get a real team bus. I don't know of any other team who charters a bus like Erie does. All of the team buses have graphics covering the sides of them. Even Owen Sound and Sarnia, (hardly wealthy franchises) have team graphics on their buses. It is time to go first class for a classy organization.
Erie used to have one. I remember in say 2007-08 or so that they had a blue bus with graphics of players. Don't remember who but may have been like TJ Aceti/Boyes and their logo. Not sure what ever happened to it. Maybe they had it for awhile and were in need of a new bus, but couldn't afford it given their financial troubles started around that time. Or they sold the bus given their financial troubles. Who knows but players can't care too much. At least doesn't make an on ice difference given that SSM flew to Erie for the conference finals yet got pushed around in erie that series.

Certainly though I would like to see one with Boyes/Mcdavid/Aceti and maybe a current player like Strome or Dermott. At least now they have a big name they could throw on that bus with mcdavid. They should put his image just about anywhere they could and advertise forever that he is an otter alum

CC87

Nov 16, 2011

At least 90% of the teams in the league charter a bus, likely all of them.

What you are seeing is teams who have agreements with the bus company to add a 'wrap' to the bus the team uses.

If you are in Canada, you regularly see a QMJHL or OHL wrapped bus transporting groups of seniors during the summer.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the clarification, CC87. Then, I would hope that the Otters would charter a bus that is wrapped with graphics. It just adds a touch of class.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
As part of our 2015-2016 team by team season preview, here is our link to the Erie Otters preview

http://overtimesportsnation.com/erie-otters-season-preview/

good article Macker, very well said, if Cernak arrives in Erie the team is in very good shape for this season and I expect them to potentially battle London for the Midwest crown.

Will start a season thread whenever the Otters announce a training camp roster.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
That is actually a GREAT article. I'm more optimistic this year than I was last year going into the season, hopefully we have as good if not a better year this year....wishful thinking of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad