Ericsson....

NyquistIsMyGod*

Jonathan Ericsson is a #3 defenseman.. He's going through a poor stretch. Like someone said, he'll get over it. I can't believe there's comments of him being a #5 right now.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Ericsson doesn't have it in him to be a top-pairing defenseman indefinitely. Ericsson was downright atrocious in the early going at the NHL level and I really think he had to fight hard to become a top 4 NHL defenseman. He even mentioned something to that effect when asked why his brother wasn't in the NHL - that Jimmie could be in the NHL if he worked as hard as he himself did.

In reality, Ericsson should be the kind of guy who is playing on your top pairing because of injuries - not playing there because of your team depth. He can't get by on talent alone, so he has to bring his A game every night. And I don't think anyone can do that for a sustained period of time.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Some very fair and honest reflection upon Big E and his difficulties lately.

There is no way Kronwall can be viewed in the same category because of his +/- with Ericsson. I think Kronwall has been amazing. Sure some bobbles and giveaways but 9 out of 10 times he makes a solid decision with or without the puck.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
His downward trend started a few weeks before the Olympics and only amplified on the big stage. He hasn't done well since he's been back either. He's not fleet of foot so he needs to play an efficient game which he seemed to realize in the past. I just wish he would reduce a bit, I don't want to see him pinching in or trying to be something he's not. Simplify, play physical and play smart and get back on track. I agree...when he's on he is damn good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad