Ericsson....

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
He's been bad no question, but they aren't getting much help from the forwards which is what's really contributing to making Kronwall-Ericsson look so awful. When they have to do everything against teams' top lines without help, the toll adds up.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
He was so good at the start of the year, now he's terrible. He's been the worst defenceman on the team since the Olympics. It seems he is chasing rather than defending, is turning it over way too much, and is rushing his decisions. I dunno what happened, but man he has been terrible.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Lack of puck possession trickles down and makes everyone look worse. Especially the defense. Spending more time in your own end is going to make you look worse. More opportunities to get burned.

I have never viewed Ericsson as a good stay at home dman, but he is better than his recent play suggests.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's been bad no question, but they aren't getting much help from the forwards which is what's really contributing to making Kronwall-Ericsson look so awful. When they have to do everything against teams' top lines without help, the toll adds up.

It really looks like that, when you missing three guys (D & Z and Helm) who have been in Selke-discussion in their careers.

They aren't in those discussions without a reason, and how crap does this team look defensively without them in the lineup.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's really disappointing how many battles he loses because he focuses on playing the body and not the puck/stick. He should take some lessons from Lidstrom.

Heck I actually think he was playing much better back when people were complaining he didn't use his size enough. He played smarter, now he's like a dumb brute who tries to beat people up while they're busy making scoring plays. Hope he can figure it out soon.

lilja4mvp*

It really looks like that, when you missing three guys (D & Z and Helm) who have been in Selke-discussion in their careers.
this keeps getting posted...serious question: what is helm's highest selke finish? in the top 30?

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
It's really disappointing how many battles he loses because he focuses on playing the body and not the puck/stick. He should take some lessons from Lidstrom.

Heck I actually think he was playing much better back when people were complaining he didn't use his size enough. He played smarter, now he's like a dumb brute who tries to beat people up while they're busy making scoring plays. Hope he can figure it out soon.

The first goal was a gift because he was busy with the jackets player.

crashman

Ericsson has been very good for the most part the last couple seasons, but overall, our defense is terrible. In my opinion, it's damn near the bottom of the league.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Ericsson has been very good for the most part the last couple seasons, but overall, our defense is terrible. In my opinion, it's damn near the bottom of the league.

Pretty fair assessment. Wings don't give up a ton of scoring chances, but the percentage of them being quality scoring chances have got to be very, very high.

That is a terrible defense.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Ericsson has never been good. He's been a 4 at best and probably a 5, but all the people who the Mods allow to post here agreed he was a 1st liner. What a joke? He's a 4-5. Glad you guys are finally seeing it. MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Robidas could have been had for a fourth... just saying...

You do realize he still hasn't hit the ice and they are just hoping he does sometime in the next week or two right? Given our training staff, I wouldn't give that a lot of hope and he certainly wouldn't have helped the last stretch of games that might have cost us the playoffs.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
He is second pairing D, but playing 1st line D because we lack talent.
He needs less minutes and easier opponents.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You do realize he still hasn't hit the ice and they are just hoping he does sometime in the next week or two right?

On top of that, Robidas was always swimming way over his head playing against any top line competition. Like Ericsson, he was there by default in Dallas. Except unlike Ericsson, he's small, couldn't clear the crease even if he bothered to try, and 37-years-old.

I'm generally okay with veteran players, but they have to be the right fit. Robidas, at this stage in his career, is another Quincey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad