Injury Report: Ericsson out 2-3 weeks

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Quincey might actually be tradeable, and getting rid of his 3.75 caphit would do a world of good in our current cap situation.

I think cutting our losses with Quincey and even getting a second or third round pick for him would be a great way to cut our losses.

It would help our cap situation, but right now I think with the cap situations of most teams, finding a trading partner for him will be difficult.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think cutting our losses with Quincey and even getting a second or third round pick for him would be a great way to cut our losses.

It would help our cap situation, but right now I think with the cap situations of most teams, finding a trading partner for him will be difficult.

If Florida can move a couple of vets, they might take Q just to reach the floor the rest of the year. I'd be fine with a 2nd or 3rd.

RedWingsNow*

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 7m
#RedWings D-man Jonathan Ericsson confirmed that his new baby daughter, Liv, is named in honor of his late friend and teammate Stefan Liv.

Liv Ericsson --
Sounds like Leif Ericson -- my favorite explorer

Nice move by Jonny E

RedWingsNow*

Very unlikely. KQ plays nearly as much as Kronwall, though that may have something to do with our PP vs PK numbers this year.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I thought Quincey played good last night. I didn't track him the entire game but I saw several real nice defensive plays from him. I think he's decent when paired with a more reliable partner than Smith.

Lashoff has played well the past few games but to me he's the weakest link. I like him as a 7th D-man but still not sure about him as an everyday player.

With Ericsson out for a few weeks I'd like to see:

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Quincey-Kindl
Ouellet-Smith
Lashoff

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I thought Quincey played good last night. I didn't track him the entire game but I saw several real nice defensive plays from him. I think he's decent when paired with a more reliable partner than Smith.

Lashoff has played well the past few games but to me he's the weakest link. I like him as a 7th D-man but still not sure about him as an everyday player.

With Ericsson out for a few weeks I'd like to see:

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Quincey-Kindl
Ouellet-Smith
Lashoff

Ouellet got sent down.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Couple tweets regarding the Roster/Cap nightmare

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m
Jonathan Ericsson is on short-term IR (seven days) with shoulder subluxation. That clears roster spot but doesn't give cap relief.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 9m
Eaves is ready to return on Saturday but Holland said no roster moves need to be made until Helm comes off IR.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
that's the way it sounds. Not sure how, unless it involves sending XO down.

khan_zps5a767c3a.jpg

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Quincey isn't being traded unless it is part of a package, but it is still unlikely. He's a UFA next year and I don't think the Red Wings are keen on resigning him - he obviously hasn't worked out as well as they hoped, although he has been better this season thus far.

Our whole D corps have been relatively solid, it's our offense that is anemic beyond the 1st line.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Left Shoulder injury for Ericsson apparently

We are like the only organization that puts out where the injury is, the rest of the league won't I question allowing everyone knowing his left shoulder should be targeted upon return. Don't remember seeing anything stick out in the Phoenix game, wonder if this is when he tackled McLeod?

Well I would like to see Ouellet given a chance to run with this, but I doubt we will. Still they did let DeKeyser run with his opportunity last year, maybe Ouellet will be afforded something similar.

Really don't understand sending Ouellet down before Thursday.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We are like the only organization that puts out where the injury is, the rest of the league won't I question allowing everyone knowing his left shoulder should be targeted upon return. Don't remember seeing anything stick out in the Phoenix game, wonder if this is when he tackled McLeod?

Well I would like to see Ouellet given a chance to run with this, but I doubt we will. Still they did let DeKeyser run with his opportunity last year, maybe Ouellet will be afforded something similar.

He was already sent down. But maybe they will bring him back some time before Ericsson comes back.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Already sent down

Per Khan:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 13m
Holland said Kronwall has been cleared to play and Ouellet was reassigned to Grand Rapids

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He was already sent down. But maybe they will bring him back some time before Ericsson comes back.

Already sent down

Per Khan:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 13m
Holland said Kronwall has been cleared to play and Ouellet was reassigned to Grand Rapids

Sorry qualified that in an edit. That makes little sense to me, he should have at least stayed through Thursday regardless.

I also think he deserves more games, the Smith/Ouellet pairing looked pretty good last night. But Babcock loves Lashoff, that is going to be a big problem the next couple years. Lashoff has played better than I expected him too though, I will give him that.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Sorry qualified that in an edit. That makes little sense to me, he should have at least stayed through Thursday regardless.

I also think he deserves more games, the Smith/Ouellet pairing looked pretty good last night. But Babcock loves Lashoff, that is going to be a big problem the next couple years. Lashoff has played better than I expected him too though, I will give him that.

just spitballin here cause I'm too lazy to check capgeek but maybe they couldn't afford to keep XO up with Rig on STIR so his 3.25 stays on the cap.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
but isn't Helm's return pretty much imminent? What are they going to say, that he's AHL healthy but not NHL healthy?

Considering he left the ice today with a groin injury, I guess they're going to say he's still too injured to come off IR.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Liv Ericsson --
Sounds like Leif Ericson -- my favorite explorer

Nice move by Jonny E

Didn't know they were that close, glad he did it though. Liv was charismatic guy one of the good ones, was always bummed he didn't make it as a Wings player and rooted for back overseas. Great of Big E to honor him this way.

Also hopefully with the downtime Holland can get his agent flown in and they can hammer out an extension right now.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Man. I just want to see those roster moves.

I don't understand why they don't make the moves, now, and bring up Nyquist. It's fairly obvious that Detroit plays better with him in the top 9 and it would give more competition for spots and force guys like Sammy and Cleary out.

I would hate to be either Sammy or Cleary, at this point, because they simply don't have the skills or abilities they once possessed and there are younger players who can do better. They have to know they are using up someone else's roster spot and could go to another team where their talents would be better served.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad