Injury Report: Ericsson out 2-3 weeks

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 1m
Jonathan Ericsson out 2-3 weeks according to GM Ken Holland. Injury unknown.

That's too bad. Wonder what it could be?

I thought the Kronwall-Ericsson pairing was looking great so far this year too, was looking forward to getting them back together.

I would like to see

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Kindl-Lashoff
Smith-Ouellet
Quincey

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
That's too bad. Wonder what it could be?

I thought the Kronwall-Ericsson pairing was looking great so far this year too, was looking forward to getting them back together.

I would like to see

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Kindl-Lashoff
Smith-Ouellet
Quincey
Ouellet will be sent down once Kronwall is cleared, no?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wasn't he off last night because his wife was in labor?

Yes, but he also had this injury already. It happened at Phoenix-game.

3 weeks would be a possibility for LTIR.

10 game streak (counting yesterday's game) would end after the Jets game on November 12th. That's ~3weeks from the Sharks game.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
DeKeyser is going to keep getting those heavy minutes Ericsson usually plays. That's a positive, at least.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes, but he also had this injury already.

3 weeks would be a possibility for LTIR.

10 game streak (counting yesterday's game) would end after the Jets game on November 12th.

Would that mean they would have to delay getting rid of players for another month?

I hope not. That would really suck.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would that mean they would have to delay getting rid of players for another month?

I hope not. That would really suck.

It could give some extra time for Tootoo-situation, but Ericsson (possible) LTIR opens only one roster spot. They will need two for Helm and Eaves. Eaves waived and Helm activated, Tootoo stays normally.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
It could give some extra time for Tootoo-situation, but Ericsson (possible) LTIR opens only one roster spot. They will need two for Helm and Eaves. Eaves waived and Helm activated, Tootoo stays normally.

Eaves for sure will be waived.

But Helm left at the start of practice today so who knows.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

So........does all of that mean we could bring Nyquist up soon?...... Or no? :)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Makes you wonder if he is actually injured :laugh:

Haha.

Kenny calls Ericsson - "So, uh Jonny, how about a vacation in Sweden for a couple weeks? I need some time here, to uh, fix this roster mess I got myself into. We'll fly ya first class, and you can spend some time with the wife"

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 42m
Holland didn't specify injury but it is a left shoulder injury.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 36m
#RedWings D Jonathan Ericsson out 2-3 weeks with shoulder injury. Got hurt in PHX, had MRI late Monday after attending birth of baby girl.

Left Shoulder injury for Ericsson apparently

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Haha.

Kenny calls Ericsson - "So, uh Jonny, how about a vacation in Sweden for a couple weeks? I need some time here, to uh, fix this roster mess I got myself into. We'll fly ya first class, and you can spend some time with the wife"

The circumstances are very fishy lol.

Just had a Baby, Kenny looking at his roster thinking... you know Ericsson makes as much as Helm....

Mmm, perfect time for some time off.

Maybe Sammy/Tootoo can become tradable in that time?

LOL
I just want some players off the roster. We are surviving on LTIR :P

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I think we should keep Ouellet up and sit Lashoff to keep playing him with Smith. Smith had his best game of the year last night partnered with Ouellet, and I think we all know as soon as Q-Smith comes back as a pairing, the defense is in trouble.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think we should keep Ouellet up and sit Lashoff to keep playing him with Smith. Smith had his best game of the year last night partnered with Ouellet, and I think we all know as soon as Q-Smith comes back as a pairing, the defense is in trouble.

I hear what you're saying. To be honest though, I think Lashoff has played well so far.

I'd like to see them sit Q.

Go with

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Kindl-Lashoff
Smith-Ouellet
Quincey

Quite sure that won't happen. But that's what I'd like to see.

Then you have 3 puck movers down the left side (LD) paired with 3 stay at home type on the right side (RD). Seems ideal for matching everyone with a partner that allows them to play to their strengths.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I hear what you're saying. To be honest though, I think Lashoff has played well so far.

I'd like to see them sit Q.

Go with

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Kindl-Lashoff
Smith-Ouellet
Quincey

Quite sure that won't happen. But that's what I'd like to see.

Then you have 3 puck movers down the left side (LD) paired with 3 stay at home type on the right side (RD). Seems ideal for matching everyone with a partner that allows them to play to their strengths.

Agreed. Those are nice pairings. And I would like to see them sit Quincey but everyone knows that will never happen; it would be great though if it did.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 7m
#RedWings D-man Jonathan Ericsson confirmed that his new baby daughter, Liv, is named in honor of his late friend and teammate Stefan Liv.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Agreed. Those are nice pairings. And I would like to see them sit Quincey but everyone knows that will never happen; it would be great though if it did.

Really wish we would venture into being a little risky, and try to find a trading partner for Quincey. Would require Holland to do three things he's not good at though:
1. Swallow his pride and admit he messed up trading a 1st for Q
2. Cut his losses and move on
2. Take a gamble on rolling with a young defense

Quincey might actually be tradeable, and getting rid of his 3.75 caphit would do a world of good in our current cap situation.

Looking at this defense (when everyone's healthy), I think it would work just fine

Kronwall-Ericsson
Kindl-Dekeyser
Smith-Ouellet
Lashoff

Trade Quincey for whatever you can get, and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad