Eric Lindros

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lindros just played 1 season with this team.

What kind of impact did he have on ice that season? Was he any good? Did he play physical during that season?

Just asking out of curiosity.

GettyImages-72265631.0.jpg

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
He was a shell of himself two years prior to coming to Dallas. He was a shell of a shell when he got here.

When you hear about years of mismanagement in Dallas, this is one of the many moves that did not need to be made, did not help the team, and wasted time that they should have been developing a farm system. Call it the FA signing equivalent of trading for Nagy.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t think the signing was negative in any way. It was a no risk gamble. He had nothing left, but he didn’t hold any better player back.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
when it comes to his game, you could still see signs of how great his hands were, but he had little left in his legs and had no physical game. He was playing like he was in an All Star game. Can’t blame him considering his obvious propensity for concussions.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
3 words.. didn't do shite.

Funny thing was training camp in Frisco that year. Barnaby and the Next one were always laughing, chirping while getting extremely outplayed by younger comp. Was hilarious. :confused: Swan singing all around but media kissed their butts. :laugh:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Lindros actually got off to a heckuva start with us. He and Modano were tied for team lead with 12 points each after 14 games. Then he hit some stretches where it just wasn't working - health-wise, etc.

Even if a shell of himself, I wish I could go back and really take it in - The Big E, the kid the hockey world had anticipated since he was 15, the most hyped #1 pick since Mario Lemieux, the guy us kids went crazy for as collectors before he ever even stepped onto NHL ice, one of the most dominant & physically rare specimens to ever play the game - playing for the Stars.

I truly wish I could go back and watch his entire career again. It was something to behold, right from day 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad