Player Discussion Eric Gryba

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Should they? Yes.
Will they? No.

It would be nice yo have Gryba back. He was bffs with Smith and Ryan. Could boost their spirits.
Lord knows Oduya drags spirits down...as he lays on the ice... trying to block a pass from a guy that slipped past him 10 minutes ago.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Gryba has to be an upgrade over Oduya no?...Haven't really been following his career but I did like him when he was here.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need more better players, not more lesser players. And we need them NEXT year, not THIS year! The TANK is this year’s revised objective.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He cleared. Thank god. I disliked him more than Boro and Weirdcrotch. Not as much as Cowen though, that’s hard to do.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure about the rules concerning players over age 35, being waived? Pretty sure would have to pay out their full contract or something.
What?

Waiving a player is just about letting other teams pick him up before you can send him down to the minors. If he gets picked up, the other team takes on his salary. If he doesn't, we stay responsible for it. Nothing to do with his age whatsoever.

He has a 1 way contract meaning his salary stays the same regardless of whether or not he's in the NHL or not. Since his base salary is less than the league minimum plus 375k, we probably would not be stuck with any cap hit under the buried contract provisions, unless he manages to hit some of his bonus benchmarks. Right now, he looks like he'll hit 2 for 250k a piece; games played, and top 5 in toi but if he's waived he likely hits neither.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
What?

Waiving a player is just about letting other teams pick him up before you can send him down to the minors. If he gets picked up, the other team takes on his salary. If he doesn't, we stay responsible for it. Nothing to do with his age whatsoever.

He has a 1 way contract meaning his salary stays the same regardless of whether or not he's in the NHL or not. Since his base salary is less than the league minimum plus 375k, we probably would not be stuck with any cap hit under the buried contract provisions, unless he manages to hit some of his bonus benchmarks. Right now, he looks like he'll hit 2 for 250k a piece; games played, and top 5 in toi but if he's waived he likely hits neither.

Would waiving veteran UFA's who signed here to save 500k in performance bonuses not be the kind of thing that hurts your org rep with players?

Like you've been playing top pairing with Karlsson, then before you can get paid they bury you?

I realize the Sens are completely within their rights to do it, but seems like it could cause some ill will.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Would waiving veteran UFA's who signed here to save 500k in performance bonuses not be the kind of thing that hurts your org rep with players?

Like you've been playing top pairing with Karlsson, then before you can get paid they bury you?

I realize the Sens are completely within their rights to do it, but seems like it could cause some ill will.

Besides, with the number of D men injured, I doubt they pick up another off the waiver wire, pay him and Oduya to play in Belleville ....... not sure why Moose97 thought this was a good plan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad