Eric Gryba Appreciation Thread

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

He played top pairing for us. He was i believe an AHL allstar. He hit Eller and now Canadien and Senators fans fight about Karlsson and Subban

Unfortunate the biggest hit of his career and most memorable moment was an injury to another player

Good luck in Edmonton Gryba...You're going to need it

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Remember him in his rookie year playing 20 minutes a night he looked good and I was so high on him being a #3/4 then the Eller hit happened and he ruined his game. Hopefully he finds himself in Edmonton.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
1297488900779_ORIGINAL.jpg

Eric-Gryba-Hit-On-Artem-Anisimov-e1414625695775.jpg

And this beard? #LifeGoals

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Edmonton is a great fit, imo. He's exactly the kind of guy they need. I fully anticipate him playing well enough to play significant games for them, just no room on Ottawa's defence (especially next to a Cowen or Boro).

Good luck Grybs!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
A nothing pick we developed into a serviceable nhl defender.We have a pretty good system :handclap:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Best of luck to him. His hit on Eller discombobulated the Habs and was a turning point in that series.

The Ottawa area waterfowl can give a sigh of relief but the ones in Alberta better watch out.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Wish we had gotten rid of Boro instead of Gryba but we'll never do that since Boro is a "hometown kid"

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Wish we had gotten rid of Boro instead of Gryba but we'll never do that since Boro is a "hometown kid"

Boro will likely be better. Boro is already one of our best defensemen at defense. His corsi numbers overall look poor because offensively he doesnt do much. He rarely shoots the puck compared to gryba. Im sure as boro gets more comfortable he'll start shooting more and do somethings more offensively

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
In his rookie year here he played top pairing minutes with Methot and didn't miss a stride. Then he won us MTL series by taking out their best player down the stretch.

Beast. Thank you Eric.

BigBush*

Man did this guy do a good job of making other teams hate him.

Hopefully Hall isn't still mad at Gryba for that knee on knee that took Hall out for a month a few years ago.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
Then he won us MTL series by taking out their best player down the stretch.

Beast. Thank you Eric.

He also lost us that last series against Montreal by flubbing on a clearing in overtime and handing it right over onto a Montreal stick for a goal.

Thanks for nothing Eric.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere

I agree Murray's insistence on drafting "hometown kids" is a bit much at times but Boro's a solid player for us. He's nasty as hell and he's the only guy outside of Methot that actually hammers guys consistently out there compared to guys like Gryba and COwen who barely do it anymore. He's like the Chris Neil of our defense

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
good dressing room guy too. He was very close to the guys that won the Calder in Bingo. He will be missed.

Ttracer*

Loved him as a Senator, now I hope Neil punches his face in next time OTT plays Edmonton

Thanks for the memories

eller-lars-stretcher_940-8col.jpg

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
i always liked how every once in a while he'd decide "screw it, i want to be a high skill puck moving defenseman". some games it worked and he would make short dangerous passes that get us out of our end and look pretty, other games it wouldn't work and end in amazing scoring chances for the other team. yes, his puck mover mode would last entire games so he'd be making sick short passes all game or handing the other team scoring chances all game.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
i always liked how every once in a while he'd decide "screw it, i want to be a high skill puck moving defenseman". some games it worked and he would make short dangerous passes that get us out of our end and look pretty, other games it wouldn't work and end in amazing scoring chances for the other team. yes, his puck mover mode would last entire games so he'd be making sick short passes all game or handing the other team scoring chances all game.

"LOL Gryba thinks hes Karlsson"

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Damn, he was a serviceable 6/7. I bet people will not appreciate him till they realize what they lost. Who's going to play the right side now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad