Rumor: Eric Gelinas headed back to the NHL?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
If Cholowski and Lindstrom are on this team in 2023 then color me shocked. Neither player is anything special. And Seider isn't going to be like young Sergachev who played more limited minutes. Seider will probably start out the first few games limited but then Blashill will probably play him 22+.

That's why I limited it to "a regular spot in the top 6", Tampa understandably didn't need Sergachev to have such a big role given the talent they had on D, where as on the Wings right now well....

You could be right about Cholowski and Lindstrom too... I didn't think about how that ended up shaking out for Dotchin and Koekkoek. That season ended up being Dotchin's last year in Tampa and Koekkoek got traded halfway through the next season after he barely dressed for any games.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I don't think it's totally crazy to think Gelinas could stick. He was fairly productive in the NHL. If he's improved defensively at all over the last 5 years, he could be fine. And a very cheap depth guy.
The problem is, for Detroit, we need top guys, not depth guys who may or may not make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad