Player Discussion: Eric Fichaud (jersey)

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
HI Team,

As a kid I started to follow the NHL intensively at the age of 11-12 years, so mid 90's.
Althou the Avs are in my heart, I did like to watch the Isles play. During that time period, it wasn't the best team. But for some reason Fichaud pulled my attention with his log goalie style, his really cool goalie mask and the fishstick jersey.

This week, I got myself some packs of the time I got into hockey and pulled Fichaud.
Flashback to the 90's to reward myself for graduating.
This was a team effort between my son and myself.

So I was wondering if someone could help me to get my hands on the fishstick jersey, ideally the one of Fichaud.

Thanks team

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I don't recall seeing any in recent memory.

Your best bet would probably be to buy a fisherman jersey and then buy the name and numbers for it and have them put on. If you search Islanders jersey numbers you will find a guy in Canada who sells the correct font for various years jerseys, including the fisherman.

I've done that before with a Bolts Enrico Ciccone jersey.

Isles Shawn

Aug 3, 2010
Long Island, NY
I actually have a Fichaud jersey signed by him somewhere, lol. I liked him alot too when I was younger. I agree with above. You could buy a new jersey and have it lettered.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Cheers guys, any advice on where to find a fishstick jersey for a reasonable price? The custom and import charges to Europe might make it an expensive joke :)

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Liked Fichaud too. He had some flash/sizzle to his game. Was never fully-convinced that Salo was better. Then he had some injuries- and it was pretty much over...

Good luck on the jersey search. Would be funny if after years of uninspiring (IMHO) alternate jerseys we just say “screw it” and bring back the Navy Fishstick as our alt. At least it’s a memorable part of our history (one way or the other lol)...

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Would be funny if after years of uninspiring (IMHO) alternate jerseys we just say “screw it” and bring back the Navy Fishstick as our alt. At least it’s a memorable part of our history (one way or the other lol)...

giphy.gif

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Getting Fichaud helped me stomach losing Benny Hogue, who was easily one of my favorite Islanders. I was upset, but definitely thought Fichaud was the real deal.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Cheers guys, any advice on where to find a fishstick jersey for a reasonable price? The custom and import charges to Europe might make it an expensive joke :)

Ebay is probably your only and best bet if you want the lettering and jersey. Find a seller who ships to Europe.

Not sure if that helps. Best of luck.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Ebay is probably your only and best bet if you want the lettering and jersey. Find a seller who ships to Europe.

Not sure if that helps. Best of luck.

I'm keeping an eye open, it's just difficult to figure out if a jersey is fake or real, in comparing to the asking price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad