Confirmed with Link: Eric Brewer for a '15 3rd

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Brewer to me looks better than Stoner. Doesn't have as much of the bite to his game but he's smart and he can move the puck better. Good pickup if the play continues like tonight :nod:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Saw just highlights but saw he was ''awkward'' on Bruins 2nd goal. Do you think it`s just lack of chemistry?

Could maybe at least block that pass. But that pair played badly on that play imo

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He and Vatanen both played that poorly. Looked like miscommunication/Brewer not really being familiar with our system yet.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not happy about this would of like to trade a little less for him but would of rather of keept Allen and not needed to make a trade to bring in another 3rd pair type defenseman.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Brewer to me looks better than Stoner. Doesn't have as much of the bite to his game but he's smart and he can move the puck better. Good pickup if the play continues like tonight :nod:

I agree. I thought the same thing while watching the last 2 games. Going into the playoffs with a healthy defense we would have very nice depth. If healthy...

Beauch
Magnus
Fowler
Vatanen
Manson
Brewer
Lovejoy
Stoner

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I was just messing around Eddie. His value to the team as a defenseman is greater than it is as a forward. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he played better than some of the forwards if he played forward next game.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I was just messing around Eddie. His value to the team as a defenseman is greater than it is as a forward. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he played better than some of the forwards if he played forward next game.

I know you were. ;) I was just making the point that I would still want to keep the other 8 even after finding a home for Manson.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
As much as I want Manson to stay in the lineup, considering the injuries this season I wouldn't want to lose anyone either. Manson can just be called up for the playoffs if needed.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I still believe it includes them. The lists I've seen compiled includes them at least.

If it does, that would just be another flawed NHL stat. :laugh: If you go into the season never counting on an injured guy (didn't mgmt tell the STH group Souray was done?), it's hardly a man day lost when he doesn't play.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If it does, that would just be another flawed NHL stat. :laugh: If you go into the season never counting on an injured guy (didn't mgmt tell the STH group Souray was done?), it's hardly a man day lost when he doesn't play.

I don't even know if the NHL tracks it officially. All I've seen are third party sites who keep track.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Souray is still technically part of the roster. He has an injury which is keeping him from playing, so each game he doesn't play is a day we lost to an injury is it not? Just because we know he isn't coming back doesn't change that we lost games because of his injury.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Souray is still technically part of the roster. He has an injury which is keeping him from playing, so each game he doesn't play is a day we lost to an injury is it not? Just because we know he isn't coming back doesn't change that we lost games because of his injury.

Well, he's never been a part of the 23 man roster this season. And we knew in the summer he wouldn't be. And I'm of the opinion, that if you start the season under the assumption his career is over, you are hardly coming in short handed. I guess if you want to win some contest on a technicality go ahead, but it's foolish to pretend we are shorthanded the same way we are with the Rev out, or Beauch out or Stoner out, or, well, you get my point.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Too bad about the injury I was looking forward to watching my fellow Lightning team's Alt Captain , you guys are bad luck with the injuries! I hate that for you...I'm hopeful he returns and shows you what kind of a player he is.

Not affraid to bang around the boards & stand up for his younger players. A great leader, and skater...and can hande & pass the puck too. Not much on offense but he'll do just fine for you. He can log a lot of ice time if needed but once you guys are healthy you'll see him do his best under 20 min per game. Enjoy Mr. brew-oar!:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad