Recalled/Assigned: Eriah Hayes back to Worcester 10/24

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
A game late but I'm glad they finally called someone up to play on the 4th line.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I would easily accept him as a 4th liner in Burish's spot any day of the week. Sheppard-Desjardins-Hayes is acceptable there.

If he finds a bit more offense, he could be a Mike Rupp type forward. Rupp was really useful before age caught up to him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If he finds a bit more offense, he could be a Mike Rupp type forward. Rupp was really useful before age caught up to him.

With a guy like Sheppard on his line at that level, he would get more opportunities to showcase that side. He didn't get very much playing his stint on the 3rd line and playing with nobody on the 4th line that could handle the puck.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
With a guy like Sheppard on his line at that level, he would get more opportunities to showcase that side. He didn't get very much playing his stint on the 3rd line and playing with nobody on the 4th line that could handle the puck.

He had a few looks. I like how he looks to put pucks on net and crashes. It works well with Sheppard.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He had a few looks. I like how he looks to put pucks on net and crashes. It works well with Sheppard.

And Desi is more than capable of supporting Sheppard in the puck battles on the perimeter and getting his nose dirty around the net to support someone like Hayes.

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
3 days after Hayes gets sent down Kennedy is sent down and Scott is suspended. The Sharks now have ZERO forwards sitting in the booth. Hilarious.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
3 days after Hayes gets sent down Kennedy is sent down and Scott is suspended. The Sharks now have ZERO forwards sitting in the booth. Hilarious.

They have two defensemen capable of playing forward if it was absolutely necessary. They'll be fine for a short stint. That and I'm pretty sure Goodrow is still sitting in the booth...just not on the active roster.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

If it were an issue they could simply recall Hayes (or anyone else, for that matter). Plus it's not like they didn't know they were going to send Kennedy to Worcester for a rehab stint. My guess is they have this under control.

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
Well I'm assuming they don't want Hayes to play 10 games in a month and have to go through waivers again. That's why I find it ironic I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad