Movies: Equalizer 2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He has a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He has a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them.
More or less lol except he does his work for anyone not just family members.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I didn't realize that the first film was an adaptation of the 80s TV series, The Equalizer, which had the same premise (retired intelligence officer becomes private detective working pro bono). I thought that it was just a coincidence, since generic titles like that tend to get used for different unrelated projects.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn't realize that the first film was an adaptation of the 80s TV series, The Equalizer, which had the same premise (retired intelligence officer becomes private detective working pro bono). I thought that it was just a coincidence, since generic titles like that tend to get used for different unrelated projects.

No Jaguar, no British accent, no Stewart Copeland intro music, it's pretty unrelated.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
No Jaguar, no British accent, no Stewart Copeland intro music, it's pretty unrelated.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but, in case you're not, it's absolutely related. There are plenty of sources that say that it's based on the 80s TV show. Apparently, it was originally supposed to star Russell Crowe, and maybe that version would've been more recognizable compared to the show.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but, in case you're not, it's absolutely related. There are plenty of sources that say that it's based on the 80s TV show. Apparently, it was originally supposed to star Russell Crowe, and maybe that version would've been more recognizable compared to the show.

Pretty much joking.

But those were the aspects that I liked about the show.

It’s like Miami Vice without the soundtrack by Jan Hammer and no Ferrari.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The Equalizer also would put an ad in the paper. Is there any sort of modern day homage to that here?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Equalizer also would put an ad in the paper. Is there any sort of modern day homage to that here?

It wasn't part of the first film.

But it was a bit of an origin story in that he was a recluse who only got involved because of a personal relationship with a young prostitute in trouble.

It looks more as if this movie establishes him as taking on multiple jobs for people in need.

I wonder if he'll have an Instagram account or something. ;)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

But it was a bit of an origin story in that he was a recluse who only got involved because of a personal relationship with a young prostitute in trouble.

It looks more as if this movie establishes him as taking on multiple jobs for people in need.

The trailer make it seems that he was doing as in the Tv show, helping random people in need of help, but then it gets personal again and he then goes after someone that is killing off former colleagues.

Reactions: NyQuil

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Russel Crowe would have been great in this too. But, Denzel is Denzel.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I've seen the first movie only once, but I recall newspaper ads playing a role. I don't remember if it was him placing ads for his services or people in need placing ads that he responded to, but I believe that the newspaper ad element was in the movie. I thought that it was also established in the first movie that he took on multiple jobs for people in need. The main one was the prostitute in trouble, and I don't remember if he actually took more than one in the movie, but I think that it might've ended with him looking for his next job (via the newspaper).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I've seen the first movie only once, but I recall newspaper ads playing a role. I don't remember if it was him placing ads for his services or people in need placing ads that he responded to, but I believe that the newspaper ad element was in the movie. I thought that it was also established in the first movie that he took on multiple jobs for people in need. The main one was the prostitute in trouble, and I don't remember if he actually took more than one in the movie, but I think that it might've ended with him looking for his next job (via the newspaper).

All of that was right at the end only after he helped her if I recall. Before that he was just trying to distance himself from his old life, living under the radar, working the boring job, living in his routine, etc.

edit: not that he didn't help others but it was with events he witnessed, no newspaper adds. Like his co-worker who he was helping get in better shape to be a security guard at the store who suddenly quit to help his mom after two crooked cops started a fire after she didn't have the protection money they were extorting. Or getting the ring back of another co-worker that was stolen during a robbery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad