GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Sancho with 54 cool dribbles but 0 end-product or positive passing... jury still out I guess.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Should have scored from one of those chances :laugh: Sancho on the left the whole half. Could try him on right against Djenepo who is not usually a LB.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wondering the reason on the no handball? Hands were not natural position and it actually hit both arms, no reason to deny both claims.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wondering the reason on the no handball? Hands were not natural position and it actually hit both arms, no reason to deny both claims.
I think the fact that the ball was bouncing within centimeters of both players faces and more importantly possibly outside the box, played into it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Hands were in a pretty natural position given his actions. It's very common for a player to reach out and touch the attacker to maintain contact with them. It was also headed directly down into his arms in the opposite direction of goal.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think the fact that the ball was bouncing within centimeters of both players face and more importantly possibly outside the box, played into it.
Yes the first one you can claim he had no time to react but he literally hit it from one arm to the other, you can't claim accident on that. Also if outside the box call a free kick.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hands were in a pretty natural position given his actions. It's very common for a player to reach out and touch the attacker to maintain contact with them. It was also headed directly down into his arms in the opposite direction of goal.

Having them at shoulder height isn't natural. Doesn't matter if you're grabbing a defender if the ball hits you on the arm it should be a penalty. Doesn't matter what direction of the goal the ball is going, if it hits your arm that's not in a natural position in the box it should be a penalty.

Sissoko got called for a penalty in a champions league final when he was pointing towards the opposite goal and the ball hit his arm while the pass wasn't going anywhere near the goal.

To my knowledge, VAR can't give those.
If the ref calls a penalty for a tackle in the box and VAR deems it outside the still get the free kick. So if a foul is committed, hand ball, they should intercede.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Finally Chalobah is playing. RLC in peak form starting in the midfield as well, finally.

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad