GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Vicario has made two excellent saves earlier in the game to keep Spurs in it. Spurs had a couple really good chances in the second half and Ortega ended up making two big saves (one feels like it's more on Son for not being able to beat a keeper 1 on 1) to keep City in front.
Son didn't want Spurs fans to hate him.

Soft.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi and hatterson

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Calm down mate it's just one bad game mate and they're playing the champions mate
They've lost 40 straight games to finish the season besides that Burley game. They're trash which should have finished 11th based on my predictions if all the other teams did not lose so much talent. They got by with a new manager boost for the first 3-4 months of the season as well. Teams will adjust and expose their high line next season even more.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
no one outside of scarecrow builders thought that spurs were a title contender when they were still top in mid-october

every spurs fan here was just hoping for top 4
Yeah if I can turn off the jokes for a moment. Even the idea they would finish top four was plainly delusional, and they lasted this long despite that. They didn't replace their best player until January and I don't really rate Werner as a Kane replacement so you could say that they never did. He did a good job.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Reactions: Savant

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
no one outside of scarecrow builders thought that spurs were a title contender when they were still top in mid-october

every spurs fan here was just hoping for top 4
They were peacocking around like title contenders at the time. Even if there were some sensible one's here.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah if I can turn off the jokes for a moment. Even the idea they would finish top four was plainly delusional, and they lasted this long despite that. They didn't replace their best player until January and I don't really rate Werner as a Kane replacement so you could say that they never did. He did a good job.
Never forget how they celebrated after they beat nine man LFC

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
They've lost 40 straight games to finish the season besides that Burley game. They're trash which should have finished 11th based on my predictions if all the other teams did not lose so much talent. They got by with a new manager boost for the first 3-4 months of the season as well. Teams will adjust and expose their high line next season even more.
Holy moly. Sheffield step aside. That’s historic stuff

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Pure copium.

With 7 games left in the season they were level with Villa on points and had an extra game to play.

Since then they've lost 5 of 6 games.
Spurs "bottled" top 4 in the same way Arsenal "bottled" the league last year. Likely exceeded expectations because of a hot start but didn't have the depth/experience/whatever to maintain the challenge down the stretch.

At the same time, to pretend like no one was talking about Spurs as title contenders in October is inaccurate.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They started the season with 8 wins and 2 draws in 10 games for a 98.8 point 38 game pace.

In the 27 games since then they're 11 wins, 4 draws, and 12 losses for a 52 point 38 game pace which would put them in between Brighton and West Ham.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad