hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Bottom of the league table since October 17th

1685048036228.png

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That doesn’t feel right at all. Chelsea had 3 or 4 clear cut chances that really should have been goals.

I think only the Mudryk, Haevertz, and Gallagher ones resulted in shots though. Most of the rest were bottled with poor control that resulted in the chance dying before a shot.

Either way, shot based xG models struggle with the type of chances given up in this game.

Martial's goal for example had a lower xG than Bruno's pen even though it was a wide open tap in to an empty net.

Reactions: Gecklund

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Possibly controversial opinion but the centrebacks which Lampard had at Everton, especially Tarkowski, are better than any pairing Chelsea have. The raw talent is there for players like Fofana but they just make so many mistakes.

Attack he never was able to sort out, just a bunch of individuals looking weak on the ball.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Possibly controversial opinion but the centrebacks which Lampard had at Everton, especially Tarkowski, are better than any pairing Chelsea have. The raw talent is there for players like Fofana but they just make so many mistakes.

Attack he never was able to sort out, just a bunch of individuals looking weak on the ball.
Chelsea best CB was on loan at Brighton all season

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Silva had a good season until Lampard came aboard and then we were getting overran everywhere

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Silva had a good season until Lampard came aboard and then we were getting overran everywhere
Silva was also way more protected in that back five earlier in the season. Starting showing his age as soon as Chelsea tried to be less rigid/started getting overran

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Silva was also way more protected in that back five earlier in the season. Starting showing his age as soon as Chelsea tried to be less rigid/started getting overran
Most defenders don’t look good under Lampard

No one is debating Thiago’s pace limitations and what style/formation best suits him but I refuse to buy that the Lampard end of season Silva is a closer reflection to his current ability than the one who was extremely good the rest of the season.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Most defenders don’t look good under Lampard

No one is debating Thiago’s pace limitations and what style/formation best suits him but I refuse to buy that the Lampard end of season Silva is a closer reflection to his current ability than the one who was extremely good the rest of the season.
I think that’s fair, but at his age, that can also be a potential factor too. Silva is a freak, but Father Time is undefeated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad