GWT: EPL - Matchweek 30

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One team that played with zero urgency and just recycled possession constantly against another that parked the bus and time wasted. Premier League must hate that this is what was on display from two teams in a tight title race.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Liverpool the only team in control of their own destiny. If they don’t win now, massive bottle job.
No no, it's only if you have a certain point lead by before a certain date in the season and if your roster has passed a certain point in its build and maturing to be considered "contending," as determined by said team's own fans using some arbitrary measure. :sarcasm:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
google rip roaring reds
Sounds NSFW

No no, it's only if you have a certain point lead by before a certain date in the season and if your roster has passed a certain point in its build and maturing to be considered "contending," as determined by said team's own fans using some arbitrary measure. :sarcasm:
Make your own arbitrary measure of you don’t like it :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well, it's Liverpool's title to lose now.
Is it?

It certainly helps but still a ton of time left. Still being held together vs duct tape.

I think, in all honestly, a lot depends on City and Arsenal both progressing in UCL. LFC might have shot their loads. They aren’t finishing games. Team is low on gas. The young kids have saved their asses but not sure how much longer they can go to that well.

It’s going to be really close at the top. LFC still need a lot of things to go right. This isn’t 18/19 or 19/20 when they were built to just steamroll through things. They are ahead of schedule just like Arsenal was last season; but they didn’t get reinforcements in January. Even if they are getting healthier, there simply are not a lot of games left to get everyone fit and in form.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC will have to try to not self sabotage themselves against Man United next week end before I call them title favourite.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Do they even have a senior starting XI at this point?
I have no idea. he's the second senior CB that's done his ACL there in the last month (Botman apparently was already injured and didn't elect for surgery and played with it). And apparently another long term injury incurred during their game yesterday -- probably either Almiron or Livramento as they were the ones who went off injured

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC will have to try to not self sabotage themselves against Man United next week end before I call them title favourite.
Draw today definitely helps but LFC also have the most work to do. Was looking at this block of games:

ARSECITYLFC
(1) @ City(1) x Arse(3) x BHA
x LUTx AVx SUTD
@ BHA@ CP@ MANU
x AVx LUTx CP

Thought LFC would need to take 10-12 from this group and whatever they took would need to be more than Arsenal and City got. It’s imperative they take all 12 now. But again, I think Arsenal and City both need to progress in UCL. I think that’s almost more important

Going back to @Savant 's point earlier this day I'm so glad I chose to watch Guirassy and his Stuttgart play a 3 - 3 classic against Heidenheim than watch Raya and Ederson each play 100 passes with their center backs.
Right side of history. I feel asleep for most of the 2nd half: I was on the wrong side of history but at least I had a Power Nap

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
City has by far the easiest match-ups for the rest of their season. Only Tottenham left of the top teams. Arsenal has the hardest.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Liverpool fan’s pre-excuse to a joke about them maybe bottling is injuries, but most of them said Saliba missing the last 2.5 months of last season didn’t matter.

Logic as consistent as they claim the PL reffing is every week.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Best league in the world. What a tactical masterclass. Baldy fraud vs. lego-haired apprentice. The combined squad value exceeding the GDP of several countries. An hour and a half of eye bleeding shite. What a game. What a sport.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool fan’s pre-excuse to a joke about them maybe bottling is injuries, but most of them said Saliba missing the last 2.5 months of last season didn’t matter.

I think LFC and Klopp have adjusted very well with the injuries. I think if LFC miss the league by a point, VAR and referee would be a huge talking point, especially that decision against Spurs.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think LFC and Klopp have adjusted very well with the injuries. I think if LFC miss the league by a point, VAR and referee would be a huge talking point, especially that decision against Spurs.

I can think of at least one person who would never shut up about it, yes. Probably actually for the best they just win the title so we don't have to hear about tit

Reactions: bluesfan94

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I can think of at least one person who would never shut up about it, yes. Probably actually for the best they just win the title so we don't have to hear about tit
The VAR against spurs holds some weight, but some would rather only have a 2 point lead and then lose by a point so they can whine about that again rather than see their team get a 5 point lead and “risk” getting laughed at on a message board if they bottle it.

Newsflash - everyone here is going to be laughing at either the Arsenal fans or the Liverpool fans in 2 months. City doesn’t have anyone to laugh at.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Arsenal lost one guy and are still crying about it. LFC been without most of their team for months and are hanging in there. Frankly this post itself proves the different between the two, and it’s certainly not making the point that you think it’s making. The excuse isn’t injury. All your post is saying LFC handle their injuries better than Arsenal

The fact is LFC have at best the 3rd best roster in the league and have been punching above their weight all season. Arsenal get a draw and all their fans on here can talk about is LFC bottling. That speaks for itself

You won’t hear about it from me because I’d disappear. I guess I’d be remembered though? I already made my points and feelings known.

Reactions: luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal lost one guy and are still crying about it. LFC been without most of their team for months and are hanging in there. Frankly this post itself proves the different between the two, and it’s certainly not making the point that you think it’s making. The excuse isn’t injury. The fact is LFC have at best the 3rd best roster in the league and have been punching above their weight all season. Arsenal get a draw and all their fans on here can talk about is LFC bottling. That speaks for itself
Arsenal fans make a joke that went over your heads = only talk about Liverpool

Arsenal fans point out that you guys flip flop on your takes every week = still complaining about Saliba injury

Keep the spin zone going…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad