GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Why are Man United fans so negative about their team? They clearly work hard and have talent.
It’s interesting. Neville is shocked by what’s happening today. Carragher is more resigned to it. Such an odd dynamic.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Why are Man United fans so negative about their team? They clearly work hard and have talent.

This is legitimately as much effort as I've seen the squad put in in years.

Not just in terms of making runs, but the verbal activity after every play too. They seem to care about their teammates making the grinding plays that really make a difference on a level they haven't remotely cared in the past.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Team looks magnitudes better with Fab but obviously he can't play 90 yet.
I don’t think any of the midfielders can play 90 right now. No one except maybe Elliott and Milner who is 37 and also can’t go 90 consistently looks 100%. There is too much tread on those tires

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sorry but LFC is not even near to be the best team in England.
Are they brentford quality though?
I mean what's your argument? He's good against good teams, particularly when starting a false 9, and bad against bad teams?

That sucks cause there are a lot more Brentfords in the league than Liverpools.

Anyway, we'll see how he looks against the best team in England in two weeks.
No if you read I said don’t judge him after 1.5 games. I mean surely give your head a shake it’s that simple

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I have watched LFC every games since Klopp joined and it is obvious that this team is the least intense by far. Every players look slow and out of pace.

Klopp has shown way too much respect to his older players. Now it is showing.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Are they brentford quality though?

No if you read I said don’t judge him after 1.5 games. I mean surely give your head a shake it’s that simple
Right so that also means he hasn't proven anyone wrong about the height issue either. Goes both ways.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I have watched LFC every games since Klopp joined and it is obvious that this team is the least intense by far. Every players look slow and out of pace.

Klopp is definitely guilty of this, but it’s not exactly like he has a choice right now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

If Carvalho plays well right here I think we might see a bit less of that respect.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Are you implying that there hasn't been people going on and on about how Martinez was supposedly being abused in the PL and was going to turn out to be a bad buy?
Okay there definitely were people saying that

I'm more so just saying that d2m has been nonstop going on about it - more than the posts I saw the other way around.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Carvalho plays well right here I think we might see a bit less of that respect.
Carvalho had primarily been playing as LW though. Seems the only way LFC can change things up in the following weeks is a system change though, and that has been very rare under Klopp

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If you could give a red for diving, that dive would have deserved one lol

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We expect more.

TBH if they showed even half this much passion regularly fans wouldn't be remotely as upset with this team.

Like I said, it's not just about them making some runs or moving off the ball, it's the fact that the team seems to actually care. I've seen more players high five/hype each other up after good grindy plays (recovery run on a low or medium danger chance, solid defensive tackle, etc.) in this game as I have in maybe the last year combined.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad