GWT: EPL - Matchweek 29

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I only saw the replay, but it looked like a proper handball call to me

Jared Gillet is so inconsistent man.

It felt like they kept showing the replay a few seconds after when the handball occurred. running it back at full speed, it sure looked like Souček purposely moved his arm to hit the ball
He had an Aston Villa player literally falling on top of him, which was the logic given for not giving West Ham the penalty against Freiburg. I don't think there was anything intentional about the arm.

Same thing with Antonio's that was also disallowed today - though that was the last touch before goal.

And to be fair, Emerson should have likely been penalized earlier in the game as well.

The frustration is that is three consecutive weeks with those borderline handball calls going against them, and frankly, last week against Burnley wasn't at all borderline. Just flat out wrong and VAR out of the clear blue sky decided not even to review.

Reactions: JPBolts

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He had an Aston Villa player literally falling on top of him, which was the logic given for not giving West Ham the penalty against Freiburg. I don't think there was anything intentional about the arm.

Same thing with Antonio's that was also disallowed today - though that was the last touch before goal.

And to be fair, Emerson should have likely been penalized earlier in the game as well.

The frustration is that is three consecutive weeks with those borderline handball calls going against them, and frankly, last week against Burnley wasn't at all borderline. Just flat out wrong and VAR out of the clear blue sky decided not even to review.
If it hits the arm before that same player scores it's automatically chalked off even if it's totally unintentional.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

The handball rule is different if there's a direct goal -- any handball that directly leads to a goal by the person who handled it is ruled out. Think that rule changed in 2018?

The Burnley one last week was a joke tbf -- no idea how that was not called.

I'm not sure about Emerson's one in the first half. Clearly in an unnatural position, but it's so close and I think it was played to try and get the pen.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If it hits the arm before that same player scores it's automatically chalked off even if it's totally unintentional.
Yeah, thinking again, it's not the same in terms of opposition handball you're right about that. Though, it wasn't clear if it hit Bowen either.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That was a Spurs club I haven't seen yet this year. Maddison, Udogie and Bissouma were horrible and Dragusin wasn't very good either. All to gain and they didn't show up. Son looked pissed all game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad