GWT: EPL - Matchweek 29 (ft. MW 7, 8, and 25)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It would be a sin to play Enzo that deep when you have Kante who can provide the defence.
The furthest Kante has played at Chelsea has been under Lampard.

It has been pretty obvious that Enzo is an 8, and that we need a 6 or to play 3 cbs to mitigate the defensive weaknesses of the midfield

But frank is a 4-3-3 through and tjrough

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Enzo-mount
Kante

Is what I would like to see, not sure it’s possible plus kante isn’t playing for long. Maybe kovacic?
I think that only works if you have Kante though. And I am unconvinced about Mount as a 433 #8 in general

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The furthest Kante has played at Chelsea has been under Lampard.

It has been pretty obvious that Enzo is an 8, and that we need a 6 or to play 3 cbs to mitigate the defensive weaknesses of the midfield

But frank is a 4-3-3 through and tjrough

I think that only works if you have Kante though. And I am unconvinced about Mount as a 433 #8 in general
Cant Kova play there?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think we see:

Mudryk - Auba - Mount
Kova - Kante - Enzo
Chilwell - Badiashile - Fofana - James
Kepa
I can’t imagine he goes back to Mendy this quickly given that Kepa has been adequate.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think we see:

Mudryk - Auba - Mount
Kova - Kante - Enzo
Kepa
This is actually closer to what I would run as well. I think Mount is too slow to play up front but maybe with Mudryk and Aubameyang up there too you can get away with it

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I think we see:

Mudryk - Auba - Mount
Kova - Kante - Enzo
Kepa

I expect this but again I don't think that all three of Kovacic/Kante/Enzo in a midfield is any good. Really not forward attacking and they're asking Kovacic then to join the attack which he tried to against Liverpool and wasn't good at.

I'd also rather have 3 at the back, it contributes to stability there and lets James/Chilwell get forward more.

And I'd be quite angry if he benches Felix for either of Mudryk or Mount, neither of them deserve it. With Pulisic I could understand, Pulisic has looked decent this year and was good under Lampard's previous spell but no way should Mount/Mudryk start ahead of Felix even if Felix hasn't shown he can finish yet.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I expect this but again I don't think that all three of Kovacic/Kante/Enzo in a midfield is any good. Really not forward attacking and they're asking Kovacic then to join the attack which he tried to against Liverpool and wasn't good at.

I'd also rather have 3 at the back, it contributes to stability there and lets James/Chilwell get forward more.

And I'd be quite angry if he benches Felix for either of Mudryk or Mount, neither of them deserve it. With Pulisic I could understand, Pulisic has looked decent this year and was good under Lampard's previous spell but no way should Mount/Mudryk start ahead of Felix even if Felix hasn't shown he can finish yet.
Enzo is very attacking though. He can link up with the forwards and pick them out with through balls, or pin point crosses. We have seen it already at chelsea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad