GWT: EPL - Matchweek 27

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You really are. Can’t get enough of replying to my posts. I’m flattered, but I’m engaged.

Anyway, nice to know how much Paul Tierney hates Liverpool.

Honestly this is a huge deflection of the actual play that LFC scored on. Nottingham Forrest simply fell apart on that last chance. Nothing to do with Konate head injury and for the record if you want to go there (I assume you have not watched the game). Tierney also stopped an LFC attack for a head injury to Yates from an Harvey Elliott shot just a couple minutes prior and many other times in the game.

Blame the rules about head injuries (Which I don't like either) but Forrest or any team cannot complain about it since it applies for every team in the EPL and they are pretty consistent with it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well you are in my city. If you need any tips while you are in town you are welcome to DM me. Didn’t stay out because I had to do my domestic work but yeah things woke up at the end there
I’m leaving Raleigh right now. Going to the Tar Heels game tonight, then going to Charlotte tomorrow and Greensboro tomorrow night, pulled some strings to get a tour at Cameron Indoor (the perks of being a referee) then flying out Monday.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So watching the replay I have zero idea why play didn't restart with a Forest drop ball on the Konate fake injury. Forest had possession of the ball, play should be restarted with a dropball for them in the attacking third.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So watching the replay I have zero idea why play didn't restart with a Forest drop ball on the Konate fake injury. Forest had possession of the ball, play should be restarted with a dropball for them in the attacking third.
Manchester hates Nottingham more, I guess.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m leaving Raleigh right now. Going to the Tar Heels game tonight, then going to Charlotte tomorrow and Greensboro tomorrow night, pulled some strings to get a tour at Cameron Indoor then flying out Monday.
Have fun! Just doing all the college basketball tour. Duke and UNC both have really cool campuses. I like Wake Forest too but that’s probably a bit out of the way. If you need to know anywhere to eat in Durham I can prob help you out

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Have fun! Just doing all the college basketball tour. Duke and UNC both have really cool campuses. I like Wake Forest too but that’s probably a bit out of the way. If you need to know anywhere to eat in Durham I can prob help you out
I had a friend point me to some stuff in Durham and Chapel Hill. I have no idea what to eat in Charlotte tomorrow though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Isn’t the rule that the ball goes back to the keeper? I could be wrong honestly; and even if that is the case I don’t think it’s a great rule

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Isn’t the rule that the ball goes back to the keeper? I could be wrong honestly; and even if that is the case I don’t think it’s a great rule
When play is stopped due to an injury (or other similar non-foul thing), it's supposed to restart via a dropball to the team that last touched the ball.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I had a friend point me to some stuff in Durham and Chapel Hill. I have no idea what to eat in Charlotte tomorrow though.
Charlotte is not a great eating city. Usually when we go there we eat by Davidson and Lake Norman. Some good places over there. But that’s probably out of your way. Let me take a look though and get back to you. Mrs. Savant keeps track of the restaurant stuff usually

When play is stopped due to an injury (or other similar non-foul thing), it's supposed to restart via a dropball to the team that last touched the ball.
Could be wrong but I thought if head injury in box it goes to the keeper.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only if the ball was in the box at the time of stoppage.
Interesting okay. I think similar thing happened after Harvey Elliott shot the ball into a guys head earlier, but I didn’t pay much attention to it because the game was pretty boring for most of it, so don’t remember all the details

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
What if the ball is in the air?
It's either last touch of the ball if no one is in control or where the ball is if someone was.

Since the ref didn't stop play until the Forest player had control out wide, the correct restart would have been drop ball for Forest in that position. If he had blown it dead immediately then it would go back to the last touch which was in the box (don't recall who actually got their head to it, or if it was a punch)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's either last touch of the ball if no one is in control or where the ball is if someone was.

Since the ref didn't stop play until the Forest player had control out wide, the correct restart would have been drop ball for Forest in that position. If he had blown it dead immediately then it would go back to the last touch which was in the box (don't recall who actually got their head to it, or if it was a punch)
Yeah was looking at the play where Elliott shot it into Yates head - ref blew whistle when ball was in the air but still in the box and went back to the keeper. 57th min-ish

On Konate play ball bounce in box before getting to Hudson Odoi outside the box and he blew as soon as Hudson Odoi touches it. So honestly maybe just a late whistle? But yeah it’s a weird one. Didn’t play it too much mind at the time because thought it was the same as the Yates play; it’s similar but maybe just came down to whistle timing? I dunno.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah was looking at the play where Elliott shot it into Yates head - ref blew whistle when ball was in the air but still in the box and went back to the keeper. 57th min-ish

On Konate play ball bounce in box before getting to Hudson Odoi outside the box and he blew as soon as Hudson Odoi touches it. So honestly maybe just a late whistle? But yeah it’s a weird one. Didn’t play it too much mind at the time because thought it was the same as the Yates play; it’s similar but maybe just came down to whistle timing? I dunno.
Only reason I watched it on replay was the tweet about Liverpool "not giving the ball back" which is not at all what it felt like live, even if I think it should have been a dropball to Forest instead of to the Liverpool keeper.

Didn't make much different though since play got recycled a couple times back and forth after that, so it's not like Liverpool took the ball and sprinted down the field to score.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only reason I watched it on replay was the tweet about Liverpool "not giving the ball back" which is not at all what it felt like live, even if I think it should have been a dropball to Forest instead of to the Liverpool keeper.

Didn't make much different though since play got recycled a couple times back and forth after that, so it's not like Liverpool took the ball and sprinted down the field to score.
Sure. Yeah I thought what you said was interesting and wanted to give it an objective watch back. Yeah I don’t think LFC was playing keep away and I definitely don’t think it was a “fake head injury” either; Konate got pretty much straight back up too so he wasn’t exactly milking it. Didn’t see too much controversial in this game to be honest.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sure. Yeah I thought what you said was interesting and wanted to give it an objective watch back. Yeah I don’t think LFC was playing keep away and I definitely don’t think it was a “fake head injury” either; Konate got pretty much straight back up too so he wasn’t exactly milking it. Didn’t see too much controversial in this game to be honest.
Players definitely know that if they go down like that, it's an easy way to get a stoppage. It might not be faking it per se, but I think if Liverpool are off on a break, or if it's an offensive corner and they're still threatening, there's about a 0% chance that Konate goes down like that and stays down even as long as he did.

Konate, or Liverpool, are hardly unique in that though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Players definitely know that if they go down like that, it's an easy way to get a stoppage. It might not be faking it per se, but I think if Liverpool are off on a break, or if it's an offensive corner and they're still threatening, there's about a 0% chance that Konate goes down like that and stays down even as long as he did.

I think that’s fair. Where I guess I would kind of draw the line on that is if they are time wasting though because as you said it’s hardly unique at this stage. I wouldn’t accuse someone of faking a head injury unless they are milking it on the ground, but maybe that’s just me

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My take on head injuries.

If you go down on head injury, the referee automaticaly blow the whistle, you need the injured player to get off the field and to be checked for head injury by an official 'doctor' and cleared before going back in, whatever time it requires (30 secs minimum before he can jump back in). Only exception is for GK who have to be cleared in similar fashion but directly on the field.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Pause on that faking talk. It was a clear high boot to the head on Konate. Not only a legit injury but could even have been called back as a red card offense by VAR for stud up to the face.

It also never made sense these talk about konate 'faking' as LFC needed that win with little time to play.

Attachments

• 20240302_180308.jpg
    20240302_180308.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad