GWT: EPL - Matchweek 21 (ft. MW7)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, there were some flashes for sure. But that fee back then would probably be 150 mill today. If he had played for United under Ferguson it could have looked different also. Not exactly the right moment to go to a United with a new manager for the first time in almost 30 years.
It was never going to work with how the club was run at the time with that board. But I can understand the reasoning in going there. Being the face of a new era of United(and money, mainly money) would be enticing for players at the time.

Reactions: Brunkmeister

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Romero could be considered lucky to stay on the pitch. Foot was very near Mitrovic's head and unnecessarily. With a harsher ref, Spurs could be down to 9 (although it's of course impossible to say if Romero's challenge would occur if Son had been sent off)

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Romero could be considered lucky to stay on the pitch. Foot was very near Mitrovic's head and unnecessarily. With a harsher ref, Spurs could be down to 9 (although it's of course impossible to say if Romero's challenge would occur if Son had been sent off)

Romero might actually be the one player in the league who are most favoured by the refs. He should probably be on like 5 reds so far in his career.

Reactions: S E P H

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Tom Cairney is one of those AAAA players that Fulham has never moved on from. Tim Ream is another. Plus Decordova-Reid.

Solomon's been good since he came on, hopefully he starts to round into form after his injury and cements a place in the first XI.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Tom Cairney is one of those AAAA players that Fulham has never moved on from. Tim Ream is another. Plus Decordova-Reid.

Solomon's been good since he came on, hopefully he starts to round into form after his injury and cements a place in the first XI.
Ream has been fantastic this season, but they do need to replace him.

That said, Fulham probably wasn't expecting to be challenging for Europe at the moment. Ream/Decordova-Reid would be fine on a lower mid-table side.

As it is, they outplayed Tottenham and the difference is that Kane finished a half chance and Mitrovic didn't.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Even Spursfans has given up and doesn’t comment here anymore? You’re one up. Not exactly deserved but anyway.
They don’t come here when they aren’t good.

my team sucks and you all hate me, but I’m still here

The one time Fulham win on xG and they lose the actual game :laugh:
I was going to say Lloris was dog shit for weeks and he decided to show up today

Reactions: maclean

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
They don’t come here when they aren’t good.

my team sucks and you all hate me, but I’m still here

I was going to say Lloris was dog shit for weeks and he decided to show up today

You are so wrong most of the time imo but i have all the respect in the world for you still being here. Really.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You are so wrong most of the time imo but i have all the respect in the world for you still being here. Really.
1. everyone would miss me if I left
2. I am not always right, but I tell the truth
3 if you are going to be wrong, miss big

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Zinchenko has a wicked play switch... not to mention instrumental in his play making ability.

Still not sure why City chose to rarely use him (when they had him) and to get rid of him... to a rival no less.

They may not have seen Arsenal as much of a rival when they let him go, though I see it more as just some magnanimity towards both Zinchenko and Arteta for their service to the team. They may be regretting it now as both him and Jesus were huge boosts, but I would reckon that at least Pep sees it as - we need to be the best on our own terms and let other teams pit their best against it.

Reactions: LOGiK

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

His passing game is practically nonexistent at the moment, he was useless in the Arsenal match because he simply could not pass the ball to anyone. He's a brilliant 1v1 player and up there with Martinelli with probably better technical skills like curve and shot accuracy, but forcing him to pass as Zinchenko did really destroys his effectiveness in big ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad