GWT: EPL - Matchweek 19

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
"The obsession is real"

Proceeds to write a 1688 character defense.

:laugh:
I got asked a question and I answered it? Not exactly an unsolicited response.

Most of it I’ve been saying since last year, so just had to re-wrote some stuff. Didn’t take a ton of effort; and not a ton of new material in there.

Speaking of, did you count the words/characters to try to make this point?

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Got it. Liverpool is ahead of schedule so can’t bottle but Arsenal was ahead of schedule and therefore bottled. As always, incredible cognitive dissonance
Liverpool can bottle it; just not based on a two point lead in December. If we get to April, and we are within my criteria I will have no problem with that statement. But they simply are not on that time line yet.

Come back when LFC have an unprecedented collapse with five weeks left in the season. Just like I said last year when I said to come back after Arsenal get 90 points

The cognitive dissonance in coming from you here. Quite clearly in fact.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Liverpool can bottle it; just not based on a two point lead in December. If we get to April, and we are within my criteria I will have no problem with that statement. But they simply are not on that time line yet.

Come back when LFC have an unprecedented collapse with five weeks left in the season. Just like I said last year when I said to come back after Arsenal get 90 points

The cognitive dissonance in coming from you here. Quite clearly in fact.
Move those goalposts!!!

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I say the same thing every year. It’s all fun and games until the calendar turns over, KDB is healthy and City uncork a dozen game win streak.

But this is also the worst City team since Pep took over (except maybe 19-20; I think this team is worse and may be more fatigued from the treble run but can see argument either way) which Arsenal was certainly aware of and prepared accordingly.

Either way the door is ajar
The wild card is Rodri IMO. Without him they look very fragile defensively and Ederson is great with the ball at his feet but an average shot stopper.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I would add that LFC never bottled the title run under Klopp even though they lost twice the title by a single point.

Both time LFC went on insane 12 or 13 wins in a row just to lose it to City who go with 14 wins in a row and match them.

Man City were just a machine under Pep. 97 points and you still finished 2nd. This will never happen again. The Kompany goal still haunt me to this day.

Same also in 2022. LFC won all their games and City were losing against Villa in their last match until they got back their lead and won it again. 92 pts and still not winning the title. That Man City team are always laser focus down the line.

I have PTSD with Man City, they are football machine in March/April/May and I would not be surprised if they go on an unbeaten run of 13 or 14 matches to finish it of.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad