GWT: EPL - Matchweek 18

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Because of the Club World Cup, one match (City-Brentford) is postponed. TBD as to when the Bournemouth-Luton match will be finished, if it will be. Now to the actual games. The jewel of the weekend is likely the top 3 matchup as Arsenal heads to Anfield. We also get a United derby, when West Ham hosts the Red Devils. Tottenham also faces a tricky challenge with Everton coming to town riding a hot streak.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Crystal PalaceBrighton & Hove AlbionThu., Dec. 21, 2:00 PMSelhurst Park
Aston VillaSheffield UnitedFri., Dec. 22, 2:00 PMVilla Park
West Ham UnitedManchester UnitedSat., Dec. 23, 6:30 AMLondon Stadium
Tottenham HotspurEvertonSat., Dec. 23, 9:00 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium
Nottingham ForestBournemouthSat., Dec. 23, 9:00 AMCity Ground
FulhamBurnleySat., Dec. 23, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Luton TownNewcastle UnitedSat., Dec. 23, 9:00 AMKenilworth Road
LiverpoolArsenalSat., Dec. 23, 11:30 AMAnfield
Wolverhampton WanderersChelseaSun., Dec. 24, 7:00 AMMolineux Stadium

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Hopefully Arsenal's lack of finishing over the last few weeks has just been them saving goals for the Liverpool match.

Reactions: Rob and S E P H

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
With all the players Spurs will miss, Everton's form and the way they set up, I can foresee a very frustrating game.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Everton does have a match today in the quarterfinals against Fulham. Very curious to see who’s playing in each match they have

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Man, another game v Palace where we look the better team and come away with a point a piece.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Man, another game v Palace where we look the better team and come away with a point a piece.
Palace keeps most games close and gets a lot of draws. They'd probably have a few more wins as well except they keep giving up late goals.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Villa player is obviously holding the keepers arm and it's a foul.

However, based on explicit VAR protocols, it's in a previous phase of play and thus VAR *cannot* intervene in it by rule.

I can understand them reversing it because you don't want those to stand, but it's actually an incorrect application of VAR.

Reactions: JPBolts

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Saw the replay at half and yea that's a pretty obvious pen. VAR failed to do their job.
yeah. if the guy who shoves Watkins is the one who gets the header, that should be a foul.
Villa player is obviously holding the keepers arm and it's a foul.

However, based on explicit VAR protocols, it's in a previous phase of play and thus VAR *cannot* intervene in it by rule.

I can understand them reversing it because you don't want those to stand, but it's actually an incorrect application of VAR.
saw the hold and it's clearly a foul but then Sheffield gain possession and lose it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad