GWT: EPL - Matchweek 16

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hopefully by that time Maddison and vdV are both healthy.

Those 4 matches start the 1st week in April, so they should be back. But who knows who else will be healthy by then?

The good news is the matches against teams lower in the table are when Sarr and Bissouma will be gone for AFCON in January. That's when they really need Maddison back. Bentancur will be out thanks to Matty Cash, so I really think adding both a 3rd quality CB and a MF that can rotate with Sarr/Bissouma/Maddison/Bentacur when they are all healthy are a must during the window if they want top 4. I hope they don't play it safe.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Only comments from today's Chelsea match are that Sean Dyche is a very good manager and that Euro 2024 is too soon for Jarrad Branthwaite but I expect that he'll be in the mix for England for WC 2026.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only comments from today's Chelsea match are that Sean Dyche is a very good manager and that Euro 2024 is too soon for Jarrad Branthwaite but I expect that he'll be in the mix for England for WC 2026.
Branthwaite might already be the best English CB besides Stones.

I’d take Branthwaite, Colwill and Quansah over (at least) guys that Southgate is actually going to take

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah, if it wasn't for the point deductions they may have ended up in the top ten
For sure. I'm honestly shocked Dyche is getting this out of the team. I had him as the first coach fired going into this year.

Reactions: Rob

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Those 4 matches start the 1st week in April, so they should be back. But who knows who else will be healthy by then?

The good news is the matches against teams lower in the table are when Sarr and Bissouma will be gone for AFCON in January. That's when they really need Maddison back. Bentancur will be out thanks to Matty Cash, so I really think adding both a 3rd quality CB and a MF that can rotate with Sarr/Bissouma/Maddison/Bentacur when they are all healthy are a must during the window if they want top 4. I hope they don't play it safe.

Crap, I forgot Son will be playing for South Korea at the same time as well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Crap, I forgot Son will be playing for South Korea at the same time as well.
Gonna be interesting. Some top teams will be missing significant players. Liverpool will be down Salah and Endo, Arsenal will be down Partey, Tomiyasu, and Elneny. Villa without Traore. Spurs without Bissouma, Sarr, Son. Chelsea will be without Jackson. Brighton without Lamptey, Baleba, Mitoma, Adingra. United will lose Amrabat, Diallo, Onana (maybe), Mejbri.

Newcastle doesn't lose anyone, which they probably couldn't afford if they did, and neither does City.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Gonna be interesting. Some top teams will be missing significant players. Liverpool will be down Salah and Endo, Arsenal will be down Partey, Tomiyasu, and Elneny. Villa without Traore. Spurs without Bissouma, Sarr, Son. Chelsea will be without Jackson. Brighton without Lamptey, Baleba, Mitoma, Adingra. United will lose Amrabat, Diallo, Onana (maybe), Mejbri.

Newcastle doesn't lose anyone, which they probably couldn't afford if they did, and neither does City.
Don't threaten me with a good time.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad