GWT: EPL - Matchweek 16

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This whole game the defense has been pretty bad for United. Probably should be 2 or 3 goals for Fulham.

Then again United missed 3 or 4 chances too.

Especially in the second half United have looked really vulnerable at the back. DDG has made 2 top notch saves already, and there's been a couple other chances that haven't resulted in a great end product but were still really dangerous.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United really need some more attacking depth. Outside of Rashford, Sancho, and Antony, there isn’t much that should be top 4 quality. Martial, Ronaldo, Elanga aren’t good enough and I don’t think Garnacho is ready.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly garnacho looks ready jmo
Maybe with a little more game time this season he will be ready next season. I’d be completely okay with him as one of the options but I think we need a striker and one more attacker. Sancho, new striker, Antony starting with Rashford, Garnacho, and new attacker rotating in.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe with a little more game time this season he will be ready next season. I’d be completely okay with him as one of the options but I think we need a striker and one more attacker. Sancho, new striker, Antony starting with Rashford, Garnacho, and new attacker rotating in.
Ya he can’t be relied on every week for sure but as a super sub he should be great

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Even if he's still raw, he had a drive and a hunger that someone like Sancho or Martial just don't bring. Sancho especially always seems like it's fine if this chance doesn't work out cause there's always another one. Garnacho seems desperate to make every chance work.
I think a lot of that though is that there’s no rotation for Sancho. Ronaldo, Martial, Garnacho aren’t taking his spot and Rashford is needed playing through the middle. If we bring in a new striker, maybe Sancho’s intensity picks up because Rashford could deputize there.

Kinda surprised that VAR check ended so soon. Defender definitely stuck a leg out in between Garnacho's legs
Yeah think it probably should have been a Pk because of the leg.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The kid showing Martial, sometimes it's helpful to make runs through the danger areas.
Also to not give up on them. He easily could have seen the defender between him and the ball and held off his run. Instead he stepped on the gas and was determined to give it every chance to get there.

That's what I was saying earlier. So many United players have a passive mentality like Sancho or Martial. If the play isn't there, they'll just coast a bit. Garnacho seems to want to give 100% on every single play even if it looks dead.

Obviously he's got plenty of skill as well, but the effort is what makes the big difference.

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad