GWT: EPL - Matchweek 16

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Also to not give up on them. He easily could have seen the defender between him and the ball and held off his run. Instead he stepped on the gas and was determined to give it every chance to get there.

That's what I was saying earlier. So many United players have a passive mentality like Sancho or Martial. If the play isn't there, they'll just coast a bit. Garnacho seems to want to give 100% on every single play even if it looks dead.

Obviously he's got plenty of skill as well, but the effort is what makes the big difference.
My worry is that it will fade. I mean Martial showed a ton of effort when he first came. Same with Ronaldo, Rashford (back to showing effort but non existent last season), Januzaj, etc.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
One of your best players today, as usual, even if in a strange position for him. Really don't get your hate for him.
he was good, that is certain. Just was pessimistic as he is not a wide player/ winger.

I really don't hate him, I just don't rate him as a certain mid/top PL midfielder, which our last 2 managers deemed him as undroppable.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Great impact by Garnacho again. Kid is fun to watch.

United weren't great in the second half. Had the chances for the second goal before Fulham equalised though.

Malacia and Elanga on the right side didn't work. Moving Bruno there didn't either.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Great impact by Garnacho again. Kid is fun to watch.

United weren't great in the second half. Had the chances for the second goal before Fulham equalised though.

Malacia and Elanga on the right side didn't work. Moving Bruno there didn't either.
I don’t know if Elanga anywhere works very well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My worry is that it will fade. I mean Martial showed a ton of effort when he first came. Same with Ronaldo, Rashford (back to showing effort but non existent last season), Januzaj, etc.

Yea that's the big question. I mean it'll obviously fade a bit, no one can go 100% on every play/chance as they get older, but hopefully he's able to keep that edge and be willing to really just stick in there sometimes even if it might look worse than a 50/50

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t know to me he has that Argentinian passion plays with an edge you either have it or not. Sure at 28 he may not play balls to the wall but he should refine his game by then.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yea that's the big question. I mean it'll obviously fade a bit, no one can go 100% on every play/chance as they get older, but hopefully he's able to keep that edge and be willing to really just stick in there sometimes even if it might look worse than a 50/50
One thing about him too that’s different from what we have is that he at least starts wide. He’s much more of a natural winger than anyone else. I think he could be a good talent but I also worry about the sample size and if he can keep it up. I’d be definitely okay with keeping him around next season to rotate in but I also wonder if a loan to Spain or France would be good for him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
One thing about him too that’s different from what we have is that he at least starts wide. He’s much more of a natural winger than anyone else. I think he could be a good talent but I also worry about the sample size and if he can keep it up. I’d be definitely okay with keeping him around next season to rotate in but I also wonder if a loan to Spain or France would be good for him.

Honestly with the way he looks, he might be past a loan by next year. He looks ready for a regular rotational role right now with United, I assume that's only going to grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Also to not give up on them. He easily could have seen the defender between him and the ball and held off his run. Instead he stepped on the gas and was determined to give it every chance to get there.

That's what I was saying earlier. So many United players have a passive mentality like Sancho or Martial. If the play isn't there, they'll just coast a bit. Garnacho seems to want to give 100% on every single play even if it looks dead.

Obviously he's got plenty of skill as well, but the effort is what makes the big difference.
Can't believe I'm saying this but Martial has looked much better this season. He's coming back fro man injury and doesn't look like he's in the form he was pre-injury. He's pressing, making runs, making good passes. I'm actually glad he can train and get into shape during the WC break.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Can't believe I'm saying this but Martial has looked much better this season. He's coming back fro man injury and doesn't look like he's in the form he was pre-injury. He's pressing, making runs, making good passes. I'm actually glad he can train and get into shape during the WC break.
I don’t know if Martial actually looks better. Martial is 100% a time and place player. What I mean by that is he needs a he team around him to create for him. Now this isn’t 100% true as Martial has some of the best dribbling in tight spaces but he’s very much one of those that doesn’t REALLY create for himself. With that said since the team is better and able to create for him, he looks better. Also with Ronaldo being his competition, it’s not hard to look good. Anyone that is willing to run more than 2 yards at a time would look better than Ronaldo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad