Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Everyone is ****. Making that football look like a ****ing brick

giphy.gif

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Incredible how we always or at least almost always just bend over when a team tries a lower league tactic like long throws.

Wasn't expecting three points here.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Incredible Liverpool actually pulled through

How come every longball into Liverpools Penalty area become dangerous? Every single one dropped to a Burnley player today

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Somehow I was dissapointed with Woodburn. I know he is young and learning but he looked scared to inniate any contact.
He will need to get his nose dirty at some point if he wants to succeed in the premier league.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Can was fundamentally bad on so many occasions today but that goal was niiiiiiiice

Just don't think he looks justified in the wage double that he's supposedly looking for

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
I would have blamed Liverpool for dropping points, so it's only fair to praise them for winning. So good on Liverpool for getting the win. That City game next week, tho.

Also, I got no issue with Klopp giving a chance to a hungry, talented youngster who has a future at this club.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Somehow I was dissapointed with Woodburn. I know he is young and learning but he looked scared to inniate any contact.
He will need to get his nose dirty at some point if he wants to succeed in the premier league.

The only way he's going to learn that is by getting the minutes, I think.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What was wrong with Woodburn? He made some really tidy moves, didn't lose the ball, had a nice defensive header closing out the game and if Mané's pass had been decent he'd of been 1 on 1 with the keeper (and probably scored again). He also had a really nice cross into the box. He didn't get to see much action but when he was on the ball he did really well and certainly better than Coutinho who was maybe the only player on the pitch worse than Can.

All in all it was a pretty bad performance from the team but getting the W was important and nice. Wijnaldum MotM for me. He has really grown into his role and gained a lot of confidence of late.

Can was fundamentally bad on so many occasions today but that goal was niiiiiiiice

Just don't think he looks justified in the wage double that he's supposedly looking for

Oh Can. I'm really happy about the game winner. It was a nice trick for him to pull out of his hat but he was absolutely awful in pretty much every other aspect of the game. He finished with lower than a 70% pass completion as our deepest midfielder...against Burnley. That's just unacceptable, and his needless fouls nearly put us in trouble again.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I didn't really see anything wrong with Woodburn.

He didn't come on and look like the next superstar or anything, but I didn't notice anything he did poorly. Had a couple good plays.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
What did Woodburn did "wrong"?
He did not jump for any balls up his way. Leaving the Burnley players no problem to collect the ball and push forward again. I also have not seen him go for one tackle. He was basically waiting for the ball to be send his way. No other players did that even the other small players like Coutinho and Mane who were going hard to collect the ball and track back the defender. I understand he is only 18 years old but to be fair he will definately need to improve that part of his game to become a premier league top player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Woodburn's barely 17 actually. I don't think he did anything wrong, but I do see in this game that we have a problem with Milner and Clyne as fullbacks. They're too short to defend set pieces. Really like them both are players but it's an obvious flaw in their game.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Milner shouldnt be the starting left back next year. He has done well but that is a position they must address.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Any team can easily attack Liverpool by lobbing ball up deep to the back post to attack our furthest defender, then knock it down because we're horrendous clearing the second ball. It's so obvious that I can't believe we have this many points. Not may good defending fullbacks available though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad