Entry Draft

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Just starting a new 30 team keeper league and I have the 8th OA pick in the Entry Draft (2013 NHL entry draft eligible players only)

We are yet to pick our pro rosters yet so my "club" is completely empty. In the pro roster draft, I have the 23rd OA pick, followed by the 38th OA and etc. What I am asking from you guys is, do I draft a Monahan, Lindholm or Horvat and select a D-man with my 1st or 2nd round pick in the pro draft, or do I pick Nurse or Ristolainen and go with 2 forwards with my first 2 picks in the pro draft?

Also, who would pick-

Monahan or Lindholm
Nurse or Ristolainen

Thanks guys!

Burrows19

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Tough choices. I think Monahan or Lindholm would be smart, then drafting y'know a top D-man first round in your pro draft then a forward in the second round would be smart.

whlscowt

Depends on your scoring rules. Give me an idea of what you're dealing with as certain leagues unintentionally cater to certain positions. Who knows maybe you go forward, forward, or forward goalie.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Depends on your scoring rules. Give me an idea of what you're dealing with as certain leagues unintentionally cater to certain positions. Who knows maybe you go forward, forward, or forward goalie.
Thanks for the reply!

It is supposed to run just like the NHL. Salary cap and all. PIMS, hits, blocked shots all counted. Also there is playoffs. For example Stamkos would have done nothing for me in the playoffs this year if I had him as the lightning didnt make the playoffs, but Patty Kane would as the Hawks did obviously make the playoffs. The league is roto I believe and each week the standings are updated depending on how you did that week.

And yes I am leaning to going forward forward. But only if I do take a D man with my pick in the entry draft, otherwise ill go forward, D. Which I'm equally as open to.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!!

whlscowt

Thanks for the reply!

It is supposed to run just like the NHL. Salary cap and all. PIMS, hits, blocked shots all counted. Also there is playoffs. For example Stamkos would have done nothing for me in the playoffs this year if I had him as the lightning didnt make the playoffs, but Patty Kane would as the Hawks did obviously make the playoffs. The league is roto I believe and each week the standings are updated depending on how you did that week.

And yes I am leaning to going forward forward. But only if I do take a D man with my pick in the entry draft, otherwise ill go forward, D. Which I'm equally as open to.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!!

PM me the exact scoring system (copy and paste it) and I promise to get back to you. Give me everything you know.

JMcLeaf

My strategy would be to take the best player available for your high picks in both the entry draft and pro draft and then worry about drafting for position later. With high picks I think you should only really use position has a deciding factor if you see two players as equal fantasy players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad