News Article: Enrico Ciccone and Sebastien Benoit out of TVA Sports

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Sebastien Benoit's hire was a mistake I had called from the start. He was awful. A terrible fit. Sucks for him but as a (potential) viewer, good riddance really.

Ciccone was actually pretty good. Surprised at that one. You'd think Breezer would be priority numer 1 as far as firings go... And there are other windbags that needed to be shown the door way before Cicco.

Anyway, just TVA sport being TVA sport I guess. (aka they suck and will keep sucking)

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
He's part of the B team with Casavant. I kinda like him...at least way more than Lalime.

You're not serious. He's the less interesting analyst I ever heard. He brings nothing and I can't stand him. The camera shows a player, he's all confused and just says things like ''so Jonathan Toews knows the Hawks must win this game''. No ****. This is game 6. :help:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I guess this means Benoit will be back at Radio-Canada. I actually don't hate the guy even tho I'm not his intended audience. I thought he did a good job hosting Droit au but in Rad-Can. I'm surprised he's being let go.

As for Ciccone, lol.

Matteus

May 11, 2009
31d3a253-5bf7-4d1c-8388-93698fe9be92_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

Next please....

Oh yes!

Let's have Denis Casavant instead. Best of them all on the French side.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow...Ciccone was a whole lot more decent that the majority of the guys there. :shakehead

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wow...Ciccone was a whole lot more decent that the majority of the guys there. :shakehead

Agreed. With Ciccone while he was never great by any means, he was like the workforce of the station, he's been there a long time and never embarrassed anybody and was always there when they needed him.

The writing was on the wall when he was not working on hockey games. Just on the Morrisette show.

As for Benoit, he was there for the old ladies, the dudes watching sport didn't want to see him.

In my opinion, TVA Sports still have not found a true identity yet. It's like they are going round and round. They want to be competent yet they keep guys like Bergy around cause they want ratings. They are too tied to the old (main) TVA mentality of keeping everything light and trying to appease to the old ladies demo.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sebastien Benoit's hire was a mistake I had called from the start. He was awful. A terrible fit. Sucks for him but as a (potential) viewer, good riddance really.

Ciccone was actually pretty good. Surprised at that one. You'd think Breezer would be priority numer 1 as far as firings go... And there are other windbags that needed to be shown the door way before Cicco.

Anyway, just TVA sport being TVA sport I guess. (aka they suck and will keep sucking)

I'll say this about TVA Sports though, their post Stanley Cup show was pretty good. Contrary to other networks, they stayed long and talked about a lot about the series, the season, and several other things like the Habs.

I think maybe only hockey games had good ratings and the Morrisette show did not and someone had to be canned for it and they chose Chico.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He's part of the B team with Casavant. I kinda like him...at least way more than Lalime.

Yuck that guy is so freaking annoying. He tries to much to be entertaining with his "Bing, bang, boom" and he is so ****ing biased. He's very very very annoying. Like the other member said, you hear him talk and you want to punch your tv. He's just very unpleasant.

Casavant is very good though. He should definitely be the pbp guy for the Habs game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As for Ciccone, lol.

Ciccone looks like a guy with a huge temper but who tries very hard to mask it.

Plus, he's in that stratosphere of wealthy ex-jocks who have lost touch with reality -- unlike most of his brethrens who have maintained a modicum of humility.

I recall during the last NHL player lock out when someone had written to the show he was on about how tough it was for an arena vendor to make ends meet, how the little they made from selling snacks was causing them to make difficult decisions, having to choose between medication and food.

To which Ciccone replied, "it's tough for me as well, were it not for the lock out, I would have had a gig in the Sens broadcast booth" (paraphrased). :amazed:

I totally lost any respect I had for the man as he showed no ability to be empathetic by equating a real life crisis to his professional ambitions.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I find Bergeron is like Cherry, the game passed him by decades ago. His Peter Stastny and dale Hunter examples don't work any more.

I like Brisebois because he knows the inner workings of the game and how to deal with young player, interesting perspective.

I always liked Ciccone, seemed to make sense when I was watching, though I'm not big on pre and post game shows.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
For some reason it's almost mandatory for a sport network to have at least a couple of guys on the staff to remind people of the good ol' eighties. Even if they have literally no understanding of the modern game and zero things to bring to the table outside of stories about long retired players. It's like Miracle on 34th street, it has to be on every December even though nobody watches it, we just feel better knowing that it's there. It's comfort food really.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sebastien Benoit was a poor fit to start with I don't even know what he was doing there, he not a real sport guy... Paul Houde would have been a better fit and a better host for "Le Fanatic".

Ciccone was actually one of there best guys he seemed to be one of the most articulate and well informed (balance option not only habs perpective) and just seem to handle the camera better than most of the others. Guess they just keep the biggest name instead of the best guy for the job.

kind of explain why TVA sport is so bad, it not like RDS is so great, it's the less worst of the two...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I find Bergeron is like Cherry, the game passed him by decades ago. His Peter Stastny and dale Hunter examples don't work any more.

I like Brisebois because he knows the inner workings of the game and how to deal with young player, interesting perspective.

I always liked Ciccone, seemed to make sense when I was watching, though I'm not big on pre and post game shows.

Difference between Cherry and Bergie is that Cherry is a great communicator and even some aspect of the game has passed him by, he always adds things to what is currently happening. Like his talks about players protection equipements that are too hard right now. He is right about this, they are weapons.

People just dismiss Cherry cause he is nationalist as Hell, he's old, he has a big voice and likes the sand paper aspect that the guys running the league wants to take out. But a few times, he brings good points.

Bergie always says the same things and he has trouble putting a whole phrase together. He rarely says anything insightful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad