GDT: ENHANCE! Your New Jersey Devils vs. the Canucks - 7PM EST

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I would be shocked if Lovejoy is ever healthy scratched. Just gotta accept that he's gonna be in there so long as he can play.

I don't mind Quincey as much as others here, but I wouldn't care if he was scratched for Moore. Six of one.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I don't mind keeping Helgeson up as the 7th D man

Stollery is probably more valuable to Albany

Although maybe they'll keep him around and let the man get paid

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Highly unlikely, but for ***** & giggles, if they roll off 3 wins this week, should Ray acquire assets?

under no circumstances do I consider becoming a buyer with this group but I think they may be more inclined to stay pat if they are a sniff away from a playoff spot at the deadline. It's going to be a insane off season plenty of chances for shero to make moves

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Didn't even realize Henrique's chance early in the first went off Markstrom's stick, so close.

I want to win badly in Minny but that's a real tough game.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I understand the frustration with Cammy, but the guy has always been a streaky player. He'll go scoreless for 10 then score 15 points in his next 10 games. I'm not opposed to dealing him if the right opportunity comes along, but I'm also not going to trade him because he's in a slump.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
I understand the frustration with Cammy, but the guy has always been a streaky player. He'll go scoreless for 10 then score 15 points in his next 10 games. I'm not opposed to dealing him if the right opportunity comes along, but I'm also not going to trade him because he's in a slump.

this is very true

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

That's what I've been saying.

If we're trading him as part of a package for a USEFUL player or pick, I'm not opposed to dealing him.

If we're trading him for a 2nd round pick, a so-so prospect and have to retain salary or take back another similar contract, that's a waste of time. May as well just keep him. That's getting rid of him just to get rid of him at that point. A cap dump.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I think I'd rather keep Cammy. But having said that, Shero likes to talk about how our cap space is such an advantage and perhaps that can play a big role in a potential Cammy deal. We could realistically retain 50% and be perfectly fine for the next two years and even though he's aging, Cammy at 2.5m for 2 more years is a pretty good get for a contending team. I'd certainly explore that avenue at the very least just to see the type of return that's available.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Which also means Hynes and the staff realize whats going on and are trying to fix it. Some have believed Hynes was the problem, clearly he's making changes.

Let's pump the brakes. They beat Calgary and Vancouver. He finally figured out that Kalinin is a negative in the lineup.

We'll see what happens next week when the schedule heats up again.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Let's pump the brakes. They beat Calgary and Vancouver. He finally figured out that Kalinin is a negative in the lineup.

The bipolar nature of this board is interesting to me.

scream_guy3

Nov 7, 2006
Woo! What a win. Brought my girl to her first game and she loved it. She's now my good luck charm. Made a celebratory gif
o0gJnvZ.gif

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think the only reason he hasn't won a Selke is because he isn't a 55-60 point guy. That seems to be the minimum scoring for a Selke winner these days. Kind of like how racking up points is a requirement for the Norris Trophy, which is why Stevens never won one.

There were a couple guys who won it, like our very own John Madden, Jere Lehtinen, Michael Peca and Kris Draper back in the early 00's, and they weren't lighting it up on offense.

But these days they only give it to 55-60+ point scorers, or else I think he'd definitely be in the top 5 in voting most years. The fact that he plays on this team probably would keep him from getting a top 5 vote this year IMO.

23 Goals the year he won it was pretty good...

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Im simply saying you can see he is making changes. Instead of just letting things sit. Ive Personally never understood the narrative of firing Hynes.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Thanks for beating both the flames and nucks, devil fans. Glad to see Hallsy score the GWG for both of those games. :yo:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Is anyone else impressed with Miles Wood's vision?

He's been dubbed a one-trick pony on this board with his speed, (ok, maybe two tricks with his size) but he's made a number of really nice passes the past few games...

I think his hands are actually better than he gets credit for here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Sadly, it was some kind of injury the initially took Kalinin out of the lineup. It's been a few hours now, but I remember AG saying he was ready to play tonight but is a healthy scratch. I'd have to look for that quote again, but healthy scratch is a broad term sometimes. Zajac was considered a healthy scratch that night that he had the flu and couldn't play, which led to people asking ''How the hell is Zajac a healthy scratch?'' haha.
23 Goals the year he won it was pretty good...
But I'm pretty sure Madden's 38 points that year was the lowest point total for a Selke winner in quite some time. Kris Draper got 40 points in 67 games when he won it in 03-04.

Nowadays, you seem to have score 55 or more points to win it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would be shocked if Lovejoy is ever healthy scratched. Just gotta accept that he's gonna be in there so long as he can play.

I don't mind Quincey as much as others here, but I wouldn't care if he was scratched for Moore. Six of one.

I would be shocked if Lovejoy never plays a shift in OT, where we have a defensive zone draw before someone scores and the game is ended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad