GWT: English Premier League: 4/9 - 4/10/2016

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Schweini out for rest of season.

As a Bayern fan who was highly critical of him and his eternal bottling in big games (except, of course, the Wc final), I hope people have a balanced understanding of his career. He was never a legendary player, but it's a shame how his career is ending nonetheless.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Schweini out for rest of season.

As a Bayern fan who was highly critical of him and his eternal bottling in big games (except, of course, the Wc final), I hope people have a balanced understanding of his career. He was never a legendary player, but it's a shame how his career is ending nonetheless.

You know he has two years left on his contract, right? No need for the retrospective quite yet. Of course I disagree with your assessment of his career, but no need to start that argument here.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You know he has two years left on his contract, right? No need for the retrospective quite yet. Of course I disagree with your assessment of his career, but no need to start that argument here.
I sincerely doubt he's going to stay at United. Maybe he'll be cast off to Fenerbahce or another team there.

You disagree that he was often a big game bottler? Or that his career has been tremendously overrated? Would love to see counter-arguments.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I sincerely doubt he's going to stay at United. Maybe he'll be cast off to Fenerbahce or another team there.

You disagree that he was often a big game bottler? Or that his career has been tremendously overrated? Would love to see counter-arguments.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Schweini wasn't really bought to be a regular player but our best performances were with him playing midfield with Schneiderlin and Herrera. Looking at his stats this season, he had 30 appearances so that's alright I guess given his injury history. Had some good moments, important goals against Leicester and Watford, plus that nudge on the West Ham goalie that ultimately has us going to Wembley. Seems to be a great locker room figure too. For only 6m, I'd say it was a good return.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

That was a good performance, if only for the final product, but it's from a DECADE ago mate.

I'm a Bayern supporter, I've seen him bottle game after game. He was absolutely grim in nearly every elimination we've suffered. The board had to shell out 40m to get a good midfield presence (Martinez) just to make up for his inadequacy, we had plenty midfielders and still had to get another one because in big games Schweini instinctively dropped too deep and limited his options and was technically limited.

Schweini wasn't really bought to be a regular player but our best performances were with him playing midfield with Schneiderlin and Herrera. Looking at his stats this season, he had 30 appearances so that's alright I guess given his injury history. Had some good moments, important goals against Leicester and Watford, plus that nudge on the West Ham goalie that ultimately has us going to Wembley. Seems to be a great locker room figure too. For only 6m, I'd say it was a good return.
His salary is outrageous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
United, destroying the last in the league again... :sarcasm:

LVG really has a chance to stay the coach next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad